Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about a month ago 402 Motoring had a specail running on the Trufiber hoods, I jumped in on it and planned to have it all done while I am home for my 15 day R&R from Afghanistan.
GeekGrl and I drove up to NY to see family and on the way back we stopped by 402 so Ernie could make sure the color on my hood would match my car 100%, he kept my gas cap cover and off I was back to Williamsburg, to spend time with my wife and kids.
Apperently Ernie worked extra to get my hood done before I left back for Afghanistan. :)
On the 26 SEPT Jason let me know that my hood will be ready for the install on the 27th. So GeekGrl and I got friends to watch the kids and we took off up North for the install.
We got to watch the experts at work installing my hood, it was perfect, I was a little kid in a candy store. It fits like a glove, the lines are great, and the scoop ROCKS!!!
Before I show the pics, I have to say thank you sooo much to Ernie, Lori and Jason from 402. Your professionalism, excelent work ethics and customer relations is 2nd to none.
I have to say a thank you to your guard dog, for protecting my hood while it was getting "done up".
I will be a return customer for my future painting wants!!!

My fav. shot..Grrrrrrr...get out of my way!

·
Registered
113 Posts
That ****ing look sweet as ****. Approximately what the installation time of that hood? What is the cost of the hood include installation?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
how do you see above that hood? its got to be a bit dangerous not being able to see around that obstruction right?

·
Registered
907 Posts
looks great.... take a few pics a little farther back for us could ya... that way we can enjoy the whole look of the beast..

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful! Now get those struts installed!:)
I had them installed, but due to the hood being of a Fiber materail, it could produce stress cracks around the hood hinge area. So for shows and stuff I will simply install the struts with the hood up and lay down the prop rod. Than take them off, before I put the hood down to prevent possible stress cracks.

That ****ing look sweet as ****. Approximately what the installation time of that hood? What is the cost of the hood include installation?
They installed it in about 1/2 hour, the pricing depends on what color(s) you want and stuff like that. PM or call Jason at 402 Motoring he can hook you up.

how do you see above that hood? its got to be a bit dangerous not being able to see around that obstruction right?
There is no blockage at all, just can't see the nose of my car, but other than that, it is no differant.

looks great.... take a few pics a little farther back for us could ya... that way we can enjoy the whole look of the beast..
I'll ask my wife to do that, I am back in Afghanistan right now to finish my tour out.

why cant i find it on their website?
I am sure Jason from 402 will hook you up with finding stuff, or just call 402 Motoring
1-877-bling-it

·
Registered
400 Posts
Looks great! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still go to this thread and stare at my hood on my car...I am coming up with more and more ideas about what I want to do to my car the more days I spend here in Afghanistan, dreaming and drooling over my car. :D

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
yea and something to block the birds that can enter your hood now too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Man that hood looks pretty sick, not for me, but looks good on your car. I have one question though, in the picture you took pointing downward, it looks like their yellow is a little too red. I"ve been in the printing business for all my life, so I see color differences higher than most. Maybe it is just the picture though. Looks sick though, you do need hood stuts, you'll love them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts