Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously contemplating headers, since i keep my rpms soo high i need a deeper sound so i can manipulate the Chittronic. Deepers sounds from the engine and exhaust make such a big difference to me plus i figure im going to need them later on when programming finally becomes available for the Super Charger. Until either a reliable old school piggyback system becomes available or freakin programming for the v6'ers to coordinate our engine with all these bolt ons. How does our system respond to Headers? and which one will slightly help us in the torque department until swapping gears becomes available. This system feels like a video game system with no good games, the little mods we can do more often than not make us sluggish and take away that young peppiness it once had.

For example: The more air we feed our intake, the more our car has trouble because we'r creating an imbalance of fuel and air. Too much air not enough gas, thats why we need to reset our systems and drive it hard to teach the cpu to keep gas on the chubby side. Now the current system of Supercharger is as primitive as it gets, requires an extra feul injector added and squirts extra gas to create a favaroble Air/Gas ratio perfect for power driving (this is a muscle car Jr after all) but this sytem is still unproven in the long run at least and scares a lot of people including me because of the complexitys of this car cpu. Programming is the key- We'r all counting on you Diablo, we will flock by the droves if this thing works.

Not to discredit anyone but the only performance mod i know that works for sure for a small gain in torque but robs u a little bit of that peppiness cause by the exhaust back pressure was the removal of my middle suitcase muffler and replacing it with a straight pipe. I also had to Dynomat my trunk to give it that deep sound inside the cabin. I have a feeling the headers will compliment this sound nicley and hopefully give me some more torque so at least it will seem remotley noticable. Hopefully the headers and mufferless exhaust compliment the cpu programming. If this is the case then i will be ready to reflash and supercharge my Charger, hopefully by the end of '07....

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I'm seriously contemplating headers, since i keep my rpms soo high i need a deeper sound so i can manipulate the Chittronic. Deepers sounds from the engine and exhaust make such a big difference to me plus i figure im going to need them later on when programming finally becomes available for the Super Charger. Until either a reliable old school piggyback system becomes available or freakin programming for the v6'ers to coordinate our engine with all these bolt ons. How does our system respond to Headers? and which one will slightly help us in the torque department until swapping gears becomes available. This system feels like a video game system with no good games, the little mods we can do more often than not make us sluggish and take away that young peppiness it once had.

For example: The more air we feed our intake, the more our car has trouble because we'r creating an imbalance of fuel and air. Too much air not enough gas, thats why we need to reset our systems and drive it hard to teach the cpu to keep gas on the chubby side. Now the current system of Supercharger is as primitive as it gets, requires an extra feul injector added and squirts extra gas to create a favaroble Air/Gas ratio perfect for power driving (this is a muscle car Jr after all) but this sytem is still unproven in the long run at least and scares a lot of people including me because of the complexitys of this car cpu. Programming is the key- We'r all counting on you Diablo, we will flock by the droves if this thing works.

Not to discredit anyone but the only performance mod i know that works for sure for a small gain in torque but robs u a little bit of that peppiness cause by the exhaust back pressure was the removal of my middle suitcase muffler and replacing it with a straight pipe. I also had to Dynomat my trunk to give it that deep sound inside the cabin. I have a feeling the headers will compliment this sound nicley and hopefully give me some more torque so at least it will seem remotley noticable. Hopefully the headers and mufferless exhaust compliment the cpu programming. If this is the case then i will be ready to reflash and supercharge my Charger, hopefully by the end of '07....
most all cars are NOT maxed out fuel wise.... so too much air and not enough gas should NOT be a problem unless you are boosted or run da giggly gas, brah.

the point of ceramic coating really is to keep the heat INSIDE the pipes.

with that said, some ceramic coating is so thin, its mainly for looks. but ceramic coating should be a decent amount of layering, but not too thick. it keeps less of the heat from radiating out of the pipes and to the engine, surrounding hoses, etc, and deteriorating other things up under the hood.

if i run a header on ANYTHING, it will be ceramic coated, personally. granted i may have to send it to JET HOT coatings http://www.jet-hot.com/ or someplace similar, but in my view its worth it. header wrap tends to deteriorate the pipe in two ways. moisture when cooling off, and not allowing the metal to expand and contract as it should.

ceramic coating allows all to work as it should and should actually extend header life.

also here are some tech links from said site...

http://www.jet-hot.com/Pages/tech1.html

http://www.jet-hot.com/Pages/why.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts