Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of modifying my exhaust. Currently, I have an x-pipe 2.5 inch, pipes with no mufflers all the way to the resonators, the only downside I have is that one of the pipes are 2.25 (left) the other is 2.5 (right), been thinking of re-installing 2.75 pipes from the x-pipe all the way to the resonators. have anyone tried this yet?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
With the V-6, pipes as large as 2.75" are probably too large, you will loose VELOCITY, which is needed for good scavenging. I had a DynoMax Cat back with 2.5" pipes and it was kind of "lazy"- I couldn't feel the exhaust pules further than 3 feet from the end of the pipes. My Solo Performance system is only 2.25" but you can feel the exhaust pules 6 feet or more behind the back of the car. It is also way faster than the wife's Rallye with stock dual exhaust.

The Pentastar is only 220 cubic inches, it doesn't need the 2.75" exhaust used on the 392 cube V-8. Have you ever noticed the little 1.25" to 1.5" pipes on Japanese 4 cylinder cars?

sometimes bigger is not better...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is, I'm not modifying my exhaust to race with it, simply making the exhaust tone sound better only, I'm thinking of going with this because I noticed some of people install a mopar exhaust (2019+ RT) with the 2.75 full catback exhaust and it actually sounds way better, I don't really care if I lose 5-15 or even 20 horsepower as long as its drivable and sounds good, just wondering if anyone tried installing 2.75 from x-pipe all the way to the resonators (OEM).

·
Registered
32 Posts
The thing is, I'm not modifying my exhaust to race with it, simply making the exhaust tone sound better only, I'm thinking of going with this because I noticed some of people install a mopar exhaust (2019+ RT) with the 2.75 full catback exhaust and it actually sounds way better, I don't really care if I lose 5-15 or even 20 horsepower as long as its drivable and sounds good, just wondering if anyone tried installing 2.75 from x-pipe all the way to the resonators (OEM).
I have a 2.75 full true dual exhaust on my 2014 v6, It is a Factory SRT8 exhaust system, Sounds great, It is very noticeable, but not nearly as loud as any aftermarket exhaust. I recommend it 100%

1 - 5 of 5 Posts