Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my predator is coming next week, and I dont plan to do all the custom tuning just because I am new to tuners and dont know what I am really doing, so I only plan on doing one of the preset tunes. After searching I couldnt find the exact answer to this question. How many people have tried both tunes and noticed a true improvement of the 93 octane tune over the 91? My car will probably never see a track, so if it is .1 seconds faster in a 1/4 mile then it really isnt worth it to me to spend the extra money for higher octane gas. Any numbers?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Well i just got mine yesterday and i did 91 and then figured out how to put the 93 on since i run 93 and i saw some diff but i also did some other tunes recommended by the folks here (thanks by the way). And actually for .10 a gallon diff maybe its worth it. If im not mistaken from reading about this issue, i think the tuner changes your timing some according to your octane levels. So basically if your running 93 do the 93 tune etc. again i may be wrong but from what i have read it makes sense to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts