Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some action from Angleton Raceway on 9-22-2007. Some videos are a little dark. I was sitting at about the 300 foot mark...
Angleton Raceway is a 1/8 mile track...

A Volvo that runs 126 mph

twin turbo hemi s10 in qualifing

Twin turbo hemi s10 again

True Ten Five Wheelies

more True Ten Five Wheelies

There was 8 True Ten Five Cars there but two were taken out by a crash at the 300 feet mark that took them thru the light at over 100 mph. The car in the far lane , wheels up about 2 feet, started drifting twards the near car, near to me, neither lifting, and eventually the far car caught the door of the near car and slammed them into the guard rail sliding several hundred feet. The near car ended up perpendicular to the track after stopping and the other car was out in the field a hundred feet. Both drivers were ok but the cars soon went home. No pics of them as they left fast and I couldn`t wobble that far. Sadly I didn`t get that action as I was getting my camera out because the first run out on the track showed who had there **** together. I didn`t get his name but he is out of the Dallas erea in a 69 camero and pulled the wheels on the line and carried them all the way to about 400 feet before setting them down and running low 4.90s. Caught me totally off guard.Hats off to some great racing.

Scott

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
wwwwooooaaaaahhhh what is that last picture! did some dude build that whole thing at home or somethin? does it actually work?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The last on is a Chevy s-10 that has a 572 ci hemi that is twin turboed and runs on Methanol.
Detuned at last time I heard - like 1500 hp. Runs in Outlaw 10.5 I belive, last night he was running 4.9 to 5.11 - tough to get to hook up. There were some runs that I didn`t get on tape where a lot of guys were not hooking when the power came on. Justin Curry - that name sounds familiar.

Scott

·
Registered
280 Posts
The last on is a Chevy s-10 that has a 572 ci hemi that is twin turboed and runs on Methanol.
Detuned at last time I heard - like 1500 hp. Runs in Outlaw 10.5 I belive, last night he was running 4.9 to 5.11 - tough to get to hook up. There were some runs that I didn`t get on tape where a lot of guys were not hooking when the power came on. Justin Curry - that name sounds familiar.

Scott
curry is one of the baddest true 10 guys over there in tx. red and white 68 camaro.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude he carried those front wheels - they never even rotated one bit from start to landing. The flames from the headers was steady and strong the whole time. It almost looked commical. Daumn that was a run. And the first one out of the box to boot.

Scott

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We left before the final but I THINK it was between him and Kenjo Kelly.
I got Kenjo`s run on camera but you can`t see him on the top end where he was all over the track.

Scott

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really don`t - there were so many Cameros it was unreal - late model and early model. If you have a pic I might could tell ya. The PA system there sux

Scott

1 - 12 of 12 Posts