Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 R/T with a full exhaust (Kooks Long tubes and SLP Loud Mouth 2) if I use a trinity to tweak some things will it get rid of the check engine light or do I need to go to a tuner to get this fixed?? I want my remote start back and working. the CEL wont let me use my remote start until the car gets a tune due to the exhaust.

thanks
Devils6

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Not sure why your getting a CEL for putting on a full exhaust. Seems like a lot of guys add a full exhaust without issue but maybe with your particular set up its pulling a CEL.

So I take it you went to your dealer or an Auto parts store to have the CEL read for a reason code and it's telling you it has to do with the exhaust. Is that the case?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told in advance I would get a CEL after install because it would need tuning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I was told in advance I would get a CEL after install because it would need tuning.

Well there u go then. First, check the reason for the CEL at any Auto parts store usually for free. Then you will have narrowed down the exact reason. It may help in you decision making on a tuner or not.

If your going to get a tuner then get a Diablo Intune DCX or Trinity and have it custom tuned. You can also check the CEL in the future with the tuner to get a description code and then turn the CEL off. I believe if you data log using a tuner, Hemifever can build a custom tune for you which you an download to one of these tuners for install. I think the cost is something like $125-$200 for a custom tune in addition to the cost of the Tuner itself.

Good luck

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If you do get a tuner you could always try installing one of the canned 91/93 diablo tunes after clearing the CEL to see if that fixes the problem before shelling out more money for a custom tune. How knows it might work.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm hoping it does work that way. How difficult is it to get, say one of the hemifever tunes installed on the trinity or going through diablosport?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm hoping it does work that way. How difficult is it to get, say one of the hemifever tunes installed on the trinity or going through diablosport?

I've never used Hemifever but its probably similar to Diablo. All I did with Diablo to get a custom tune was upload the 91 or 93 canned tune to my laptop after it was installed on my Charger. They took the tune and modified it based on the info. I provided them. Sent it back to me in an email which I then loaded it to my laptop file manager. Then plugged in my tuner to my laptop and loaded it on the tuner. From there I loaded the custom tune on my car. It was a pretty easy process.

Have you tried clearing the CEL at an Auto Parts store? Usually its a free service at Autozone. Wondering if the CEL came back right away.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are getting a code for the rear o2 sensors. With longtubes and high flow cats, the rear sensors do not heat up quick enough and it triggers a slow response code. I also use Hemifever to tune my vehicles, and he can disable the rear sensors for you which will eliminate that engine code. I am currently not running cats, and I do not have any engine codes showing with the Hemifever custom tune.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the canned tunes alone won't work, I would need a custom tune correct?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is correct. As the end user, you do not have the ability to disable the rear sensors. Only a tuner with Diablo's CMR tuning software can fix this.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool. I'll pick up a trinity and contact a tuner. Thank you both for all your help.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
That would make sense. Good to know. That's what I love about this site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts