Charger Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I thought about that when you brought up the 4.0 badging.

He's gonna be thought of as a pompous-ignorant-ricer-arse all of his traffic days. I guarantee a whole lot of roll-eyes and head-shakes coming....:driving:
I know, that's awesome. I have gotten that alot when we turbocharge cars and put turbo badges on them or other engine swaps. Been called out alot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Related to that, I had a bumper sticker made for my V6 (3.5L) that said, "Yeah, it's Not a Hemi." ;)
From a technical standpoint, however, that V6 was "more" of a Hemi than the 5.7 engine is! :yes: :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Related to that, I had a bumper sticker made for my V6 (3.5L) that said, "Yeah, it's Not a Hemi." ;)
From a technical standpoint, however, that V6 was "more" of a Hemi than the 5.7 engine is! :yes: :D

Right on. I love how most engine's have been "Hemi's" for some time now but that marketing has really worked out for Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nice info on the allpar site, thanks. I haven't poked around there before.

·
Registered
727 Posts
That's crazy! Glad it worked out for you, and thanks for sharing your experience. You never know when you'll stumble across a nice clean LX with a blown 3.5, it's great to have some options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's crazy! Glad it worked out for you, and thanks for sharing your experience. You never know when you'll stumble across a nice clean LX with a blown 3.5, it's great to have some options.
I've been looking for some now, especially with how cheap the 4.0 can be had for.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I've been looking for some now, especially with how cheap the 4.0 can be had for.

Sounds like you could have a nice little business on the side. I've seen some beautiful LXs with bad engines, this is a great way to get them going again at a reasonable cost.

Shame you need so many parts from the 3.5, though. You can't hardly spit around here without hitting a Charger or 300 with a bad 2.7, but I'm sure the 4.0 won't drop right into those without spending a lot of time and money on mods.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Nice info on the allpar site, thanks. I haven't poked around there before.
Back in the early 90's when Allpar first started out, I actually hosted their website for a few years. It was run by a fella named David Zatz who loved old Plymouth Valiants. He may still run it. :)

Best,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sounds like you could have a nice little business on the side. I've seen some beautiful LXs with bad engines, this is a great way to get them going again at a reasonable cost.

Shame you need so many parts from the 3.5, though. You can't hardly spit around here without hitting a Charger or 300 with a bad 2.7, but I'm sure the 4.0 won't drop right into those without spending a lot of time and money on mods.
I have enough projects going on that I don't need a side business, but I'm still keeping my eyes out. It's a simple, cheap, flip with the right car you are spot on there.

Yeah the 2.7 would not be cost effective, unless you also scored a ruined 3.5 since you don't really need anything mechanical you can get a 'rod through the block' engine and you're good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This was interesting so how is it now after some time has passed. Is it still on the road. Any issues that popped up
I know i'm even late to your response but I just happened by this thread again. The car is doing excellent no issues at all and it definitely gained a little pep sp all-in-all a worthwhile swap that has been issue free.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here are some unsorted pictures from along the way. Aside from a hard to find casting in the block, you'd never know it was a 4 litre.
Congrats on that! you don't know how many many people hesitated on this back in the mid 2000's when I was on here and had my first v6 charger. congrats on just DOIN IT! seems to be a productive culture blooming in the auto world lately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stuff like this always impresses me- sorry if I necro'd this thread, but it is a good one!
This build inspired me to look around to a 4.0 to swap into Supercharged 300 with 3.5l and NAG1 swap already. Im currently waiting on 1.2v cams and heads to come in from inertia which will now be mated to the short block of a new/reman 4.0L. Im sitting at 345RWHP, run a 14.15 @ 102MPH, 7.9PSI, 0-60 is 5.9s all with a canned tune that runs WAY too rich. Basicly about to make my own stroker with this factory short block. The compresion of the 3.5L is 9.9:1 to where the 4.0L is 10.1:1. I can't wait to see the results. Hoping for some where around 450RWHP. If accived it should be around a 12 sec V6.... Going off the numbers anyways. Not the fastest but fun for sure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
So there may be a reason to hang on to my 3.5 charger when it's done? Would be a fun side project if I could find a 4.0 at the right price. Although the rest of the car will have too much mileage and need attention. Dreams dreams.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts