1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ever since i bought my car

the transmission has never been smooth
whenever i put the car in N from P it makes a sound and the car jerks
same when going from N to D and D to N .

i gave it to the service center to fix it they gave it back saying they upgraded the software it was ok for barely a day and now the sounds and jerks are back.

also there is a thud sound sometimes when taking off!!! could it be clutch!!

HELP guys . my dad has a 08 durango 5.7l and the car runs smooth. the gear is flawless!!!!!

i dont rip or drive rash!!!

should i go after them to change the transmission or is this a common problem
does the druango and charger have the same transmission

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
your car runs with the 4 speed, right?

I had mopars since I born LOL... and the previous 4speed tranny needs to "learn" your habits.

I read in the manual, when your car is new or change your battery, you will not feel smooth the tranny, because is in "learning mode". I don´t know if this is the case.

My both chargers: 5speed autostick... but I had a 2nd G Stratus and few mopars with this tranny, and you can fix with the starscan or wait to the "learning" mode. I feel my charger with 5 speed autostick smoother than the journey with the 4 speed without autostick.

maybe I´m wrong, but this is that I know... good luck with your car :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the car learn for months???

its been one month already
i gave to the dealer to fix it which he did for a day!!!!!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I have no problems with my '08 3.5L with the 4-speed tranny. Take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Was the car brand new when you bought it? If it wasn't then somebody got rid of it for a reason. I would drive another 09 Charger just like yours and then tell them this doesn't have the same problems.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought the car brand new man from the showroom

please check and let me know
cause another problem is im getting wide differences in gas mileage with every tank full upto 100miles difference
this is serious

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
speak to the manager of your dealership and tell him/her you are not happy with your NEW vehicle at all. tell him/her you'll leave your car at the dealership until they fix the problem.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have an '08 3.5L 4 speed, which I believe is the same as the '09. I also had some transmission issues when the car was new. With less than 5K miles on the clock, the transmisison was removed and they replaced the valve body and fluid.

I had rough shifts between 1st and 2nd gears (look up Rumble Strip Effect). Since the repair work, I have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
my 08 3.5 has no issues like that at all... bring it back, afterall its under warranty s dont mess with it and have them do the dirty work... insist it gets fixed or you will pursue civil action against them

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an 09 Charger SXT that had the same problem initialy. It seems to have went away since I did the Predator Tune.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having issues, but this sounds like something a test drive could have avoided. Best of luck!

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Well, just finished an almost 800 mile round trip towing a trailer with my '08 3.5L and 4-speed tranny. Due to weight of the trailer wasn't able to use "D" most of the time and pretty much just left it in 3rd the whole time. Averaged between 12-13mpg the whole trip and was able to set the cruise at 75 on the freeway with no problems. Pics of the car/trailer to be posted soon.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
It's a pretty heavy duty trailer with steel sides on it. Has two heavy reclining couches, a china hutch and a drill press in the trailer. Even empty though I wasn't able to use "D".

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
need detail pics of ur tow hitch
is it the hidden type which dosent get noticed???
also provide model , model no and links where we can purchase it

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
need detail pics of ur tow hitch
is it the hidden type which dosent get noticed???
also provide model , model no and links where we can purchase it
Do a quicck search, Southwest Wheel supporrting cvendor on this site sells everything needed for the Hitch. It's made by Valley Hitches and is the "stealth" model, and is the exact same thing as the Mopar Hitch, but for half the price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts