Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's from years of driving a stick, but this car feels sluggish to me. When I first got it I was babying it mostly. Now I have 1800 miles on it I'm starting to push it a little harder. To me, sometimes the transmission feels like it's slipping before really engaging the torque. When I'm cruising say 40-50mph and push partly down on the gas the RPM goes up, the car accellerates a little, but it's definately slipping. Is this normal for a modern automatic? It's kinda annoying.

Thoughts?

thx.
dale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
dale said:
Maybe it's from years of driving a stick, but this car feels sluggish to me. When I first got it I was babying it mostly. Now I have 1800 miles on it I'm starting to push it a little harder. To me, sometimes the transmission feels like it's slipping before really engaging the torque. When I'm cruising say 40-50mph and push partly down on the gas the RPM goes up, the car accellerates a little, but it's definately slipping. Is this normal for a modern automatic? It's kinda annoying.

Thoughts?

thx.
dale
will be a result from you baby'in the car for 1800 miles... modern automatics are computer controlled, and learn your driving habits... when I had my new tranny installed in my AV, I took it into the dealer 1000 miles after because it felt like it was slipping.... just had to "reprogram" the computer...

you can either disconnect the batter to reset the computer, or just push the car every chance you get till it re-learns how you want it to perform....

one thing you could try... not sure if it will work on dodges, this is a trick for GM trucks so bear with me if you see no results....

come to a complete stop on an empty road... nail the throttle to 60, come to a stop... turn off car, repet 2 more 0-60 runs, coming to a stop, and shutting off the engine each time...

With GM transmissions this puts the Tranny into an aggressive mode....

Have no clue if the 0-60 3 times trick will work or not... when I get my Charger I will have to see if it does....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.. i did try today a couple of times just to get it to spin the tires, from 1 with a light power brake.. and eps off. resulted in nothing but a sluggish start. *yawn*

dale
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Had my Charger for 10 days. The tow truck came and picked it up this afternoon. Engine light came on. The engine runs fine car barely moves. Feels like the tranny is bad. The carpet on passenger side sinks about 2 inches, the passenger door squeeks when you close it, the radio that I paid for was not in the car, the car had 150 miles on it when I picked it up. Yes this is my first Dodge. Very disappointed thus far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
firstdodge said:
Had my Charger for 10 days. The tow truck came and picked it up this afternoon. Engine light came on. The engine runs fine car barely moves. Feels like the tranny is bad. The carpet on passenger side sinks about 2 inches, the passenger door squeeks when you close it, the radio that I paid for was not in the car, the car had 150 miles on it when I picked it up. Yes this is my first Dodge. Very disappointed thus far.
If a problem was detected, the car is working in limp mode. (stuck in second gear)
This, the door problem and radio issue should ALL be covered by your dealer or the warranty. Please let us all know how your dealer behaves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
dale said:
thanks.. i did try today a couple of times just to get it to spin the tires, from 1 with a light power brake.. and eps off. resulted in nothing but a sluggish start. *yawn*

dale
I don't know what the problem is, but that's not normal. I tried this and the tires spun a little before hooking and taking off!

Sorry to hear some of you guys have transmission problems :sad: because this is a real fun car :happy:
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top