Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a nice sized puddle of transmission fluid on the garage floor. I've had my 2006 Rt for 18 months w/14,000 miles. The dealer had to replace a "guide bushing" on the transmission.
Has anyone else had this leak problem?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Yes - many, mant people. It's a 'trait' of the gearbox..... :nervous s

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think there are almost more that have it than do not. Like many others, I've had the o-ring leak fixed a couple of months ago.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
The bad thing about it is, you know it's going to happen, but when? Mine leaked around 8500 miles.
Mine is at 26K and hasn't.....yet...... :ninja:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh yes we have had the transmission o-ring replacement. But it was an easy quick fix at the dealer. No more probems with the leakage after that.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My question is----once they fix/correct it, will it happen over and over again?

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
My question is----once they fix/correct it, will it happen over and over again?
I *think* they fit an upgraded part and it shouldn't happen again.....:nervous s

·
Registered
565 Posts
I *think* they fit an upgraded part and it shouldn't happen again.....:nervous s
There you go again, thinking.

But honestly mine went at 17k, got it fixed and have had no problems since. now sitting at 33k.

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
There you go again, thinking.

But honestly mine went at 17k, got it fixed and have had no problems since. now sitting at 33k.
My apologies..... :p

·
Registered
780 Posts
I came home this morning to find a puddle of red fluid on the garage floor. I called the dealer, it is going in this afternoon. I thought this was only happening to the hemi, but I guess it is also on the 3.5L.
I just had it in for the 12K checkup too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a permanent fix for it, at first it was updated o-rings but Chrysler just a couple of months ago released an updated connector and o-rings. haven't seen any problems with either of them though once they get replaced. mine did it at 2000 miles and I now have 38K and hasn't leaked a drop.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The bad thing about it is, you know it's going to happen, but when? Mine leaked around 8500 miles.
Ours went last month at 7500 miles. Was driving back into our garage with the polished and sealed floor and I noticed this large pinkish fluid puddle right where the ol' Charger normally sits..... whoops!

Dealer fixed it for free, BUT we had to call around because many dealers were in total denial that this was a generic problem. Finally found one in Las Vegas that said: "Yepper, its a problem. Bring it in NOW and we will have in back to you in a couple of days."

Its fine now.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts