Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! So I have a 2010 r/t with 151k miles and when I get on it; it feels like I’m slamming on the breaks around 4.5k-5k rpm and when I let off the gas it shifts and drives normally and sometimes it goes into limp mode. What could be the issue??

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
When was the transmission fluid & filter last changed? Fluid & filter for the NAG1 5-speed should be changed every 60K miles. If transmission service is current, check the level of the transmission fluid.
Plug a scanner that can read all modules/codes into the car's OBD2 port whenever the car goes into limp mode. See what codes are being logged.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When was the transmission fluid & filter last changed? Fluid & filter for the NAG1 5-speed should be changed every 60K miles. If transmission service is current, check the level of the transmission fluid.
Plug a scanner that can read all modules/codes into the car's OBD2 port whenever the car goes into limp mode. See what codes are being logged.
Just did it when I bought the car 8months ago about 25k miles. I did pull those code and Ik some of them so up bc it’s in limp mode and some are the reason it went into limp mode
Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Multimedia

Font Technology Darkness Screenshot Software

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I'll identify the "manufacturer defined" codes first because the scanner did not include a description for those; the other codes have descriptions.
B1660: Front fog lamp control circuit high
B1A35: Unidentified key communication error
B1630: Right low beam control circuit high
B162C: Low beam control circuit
Uxxxx codes are all CAN Bus communication errors (CAN = controller area network)
P21xx codes are the electronic throttle control (ETC) errors

My first guess is there's a wiring harness/connector issue. Could be a bad/loose ground connection or there's a short somewhere in the wiring harness. Check the condition of the wiring harness/connectors; including under the fuse box. The lost communication between the control modules is going to cause limited RPMs, ABS issues and TCM transmission issues ... all leading to limp home mode.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll identify the "manufacturer defined" codes first because the scanner did not include a description for those; the other codes have descriptions.
B1660: Front fog lamp control circuit high
B1A35: Unidentified key communication error
B1630: Right low beam control circuit high
B162C: Low beam control circuit
Uxxxx codes are all CAN Bus communication errors (CAN = controller area network)
P21xx codes are the electronic throttle control (ETC) errors

My first guess is there's a wiring harness/connector issue. Could be a bad/loose ground connection or there's a short somewhere in the wiring harness. Check the condition of the wiring harness/connectors; including under the fuse box. The lost communication between the control modules is going to cause limited RPMs, ABS issues and TCM transmission issues ... all leading to limp home mode.
I believe the lighting issue is bc I have LEDs in though they don’t flicker or anything. And I’ve put a new throttle body and it’s not the issue. And the issue only happens in auto mode when the trans is warm. Other people have pointed towards the conductor plate

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Jrest:
Have the battery load tested to rule out any issues there. If it runs good in normal around town driving, you may have a fuel delivery/pressure issue.

BTW, how old are the plugs? The spec for the oem copper plug is 30k. Are the new, or fairly so?

Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts