Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a controversial topic. I have an '06 RT and the manual says 60K for schedule B, 100K for schedule A. Way more than the traditional 30K either way. WTH? Thoughts? I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm having trouble finding it. :beer_yum:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I went with 30k, 2 reasons, 1-I had a leak and was at 30k and 2- I always thought 30k was ideal.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I had a dealer flush at 60k
I did a pan drop myself at 90k (i changed the filter)
I will be doing another dealer flush at 120k

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with 30k, 2 reasons, 1-I had a leak and was at 30k and 2- I always thought 30k was ideal.
Thx guys. How did you find out about the leak? Was it obvious (no dipstick). I've heard issues about the O-ring but I haven't seen any trouble with mine. Checked the fluid level/color/etc. at 40K and was fine (friend had a stick)

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
chrysler has a tsb not to flush any of the fluids

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Seems to be a controversial topic. I have an '06 RT and the manual says 60K for schedule B, 100K for schedule A. Way more than the traditional 30K either way. WTH? Thoughts? I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I'm having trouble finding it. :beer_yum:
When customers order from us, I suggest 1 of 2 ways. Drop the pan and have 7-8 quarts of transmission fluid, change the filter, replace the pan and the fluid.

This however will leave any metal shavings in the torque converter that will be flushed into the pan once you have replaced everything so you have 66% new fluid and 33% old to mix together.

The second is do a complete flush at the dealer where they will pump out the old fluid and use 4-5 quarts to flush the entire trans by recirculating it. Once that is complete, then they pump new fluid into the trans and you will have replaced 13 quarts in a W5A580 transmission.

We provide designed fluids for either situation, but if in a perfect world.....flush the trans and add the QuantumBlue ATF+4++. It has 18% more friction modifiers than does standard ATF+4 and it has catalysts in it that can withstand much higher temperatures so your adaptives will not progressively burn up your transmission due to cooked modifiers.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

1 - 6 of 6 Posts