Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hesitation in my 06 Charger SRT8. If I get TSB 21-020-06 done at the dealer I understand that #1 the tranny will up-shift at redline (weather I want it to or not) and #2 it is permanent (not happy about that either). If I get a HHP stage 2 TCM from High Horse Performance Inc. will it have the same automatic up shift mode as the flash or not. Also can you mix a JET stage 1 PCM with the TCM mentioned above? All I want is stronger crisper shifts and the ability to hold gears to red line. Can any one out there help? I also heard that there is another older TSB that does not up shift at redline, any thoughts? Also am I voiding my warranty?

Signed confused and uncertain

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Not sure what you want? Do you want to shift higher than redline? Seems to me you won't get much more performance by holding the shifts past 6200 rpm. I have an 07 and mine shifts at about 6200 if i don't do it before. So what does your 06 do?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't want to shift above 6200 but I prefer the tranny not upshift if I am doing a burnout and hit the rev limiter. and if get a JET chip and a TCM flash are they compatible or will I have other problems

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
You know. I just got rid of a extremely modded Infiniti G35. It would not shift no matter what in manual mode. i can't tell you how many times I hit the rev limiter and the car would just stumble and embarrass me until it slowed itself down enough to let me have throttle control. I'm kind of liking the SRT manual mode so far. I say try the aftermarket to see what it will do and if you don't like it you can always flash it back to stock. Let me know if it drives better for you. I'm always open to better performance ideas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks much

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
no one that i know of has tried it, but have you thought about getting the mopar tcm. i say no one has tried it but i am refering to the stock pcm mated up with a mopar performance tcm. i had the SC tuner and it...well, for lack of better words - sucked. the mopar performance tcm is hands down the best bang for the buck for the tcm. no hesitations, crisp shifts and the neck snapping acceleration is great.

but then again, i am heavily modded. i wouldn't get the 'other' tcms, based on other comments from other modded guys. they felt it a waste of money. Or you can wait for the newest tuner and see if it will do what you require....the hype is definitely there.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
before the mopar tcm i would bang the rev limiter and go into tranny limp mode...pretty embarrassing. with the mopar performance tcm we (r/t guys) now have the srt manual hold mode....i love it. i can time it just right on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift for a neck snapping shift and a loss of traction. and i have to admit....there is nothing better than putting her in manual hold mode, slamming the gas, and hitting the 6200rpm mark and laying rubber for miles! :cry: it is an eye watering experience......

You know. I just got rid of a extremely modded Infiniti G35. It would not shift no matter what in manual mode. i can't tell you how many times I hit the rev limiter and the car would just stumble and embarrass me until it slowed itself down enough to let me have throttle control. I'm kind of liking the SRT manual mode so far. I say try the aftermarket to see what it will do and if you don't like it you can always flash it back to stock. Let me know if it drives better for you. I'm always open to better performance ideas.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I have hesitation in my 06 Charger SRT8. If I get TSB 21-020-06 done at the dealer I understand that #1 the tranny will up-shift at redline (weather I want it to or not) and #2 it is permanent (not happy about that either). If I get a HHP stage 2 TCM from High Horse Performance Inc. will it have the same automatic up shift mode as the flash or not. Also can you mix a JET stage 1 PCM with the TCM mentioned above? All I want is stronger crisper shifts and the ability to hold gears to red line. Can any one out there help? I also heard that there is another older TSB that does not up shift at redline, any thoughts? Also am I voiding my warranty?

Signed confused and uncertain
jet stage 1???? come on!!! if u wanna mod at least get a flashpaq
why do u wanna hit ur rpm limiter? why dont let it upshift?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Do not get the TCM update. You can mix basically anything PCM wise with the stock TCM.

C.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have minor mods, Mopar TCM and S/C tuner for the raised shift points. The car is a different animal now. Runs really strong, crisp and makes my gas mileage worst.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks much guys for the input

1 - 12 of 12 Posts