Charger Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I dont think so. My bud put a sending unit in himself and I think he had to splice the tranny line to do it.

If you care, the dashhawk shows tranny temps.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Nope, no "port" to attach anything. The temp sensor is already in there, but you need a Starscan tool to read it, or like the poster above mentions, using a dashhawk.

If you ever change out the tranny fluid yourself, you will need access to this temp sensor to correctly fill the tranny back up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Buy a Dashhawk and you can monitor 11 different screens with up to 7 items on each screen (total of about 100 items available to monitor). Trans. temp. is one that you can monitor. I do, and it usually runs just under 170 degree

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
even with all the info the dashhawk shows, it looks extremely tacky stuck to the dash, and thats what i dont want.

and adding the the sending unit to the cooling line is not the correct way either, its not accurate.

i know guys have noticed on the Rams (which if you dont know have alot of tranny troubles) a 20-30 degree difference between the tranny/pan and a cooling line.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Predator will let you see it too.

C.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
does anyone know if the pan has a port or if the side of the tranny has a port for a sending unit?
most all transmissions have a screw in port where a temp sensor can be installed. if you can find a screw by checking the manual thats an alternate drain plug for fluid, the temp sensors can be inserted there.

theres also the option of tapping one of the lines (usually) the "IN FLUID" line to monitor what the temp is after its been cooled in the radiator/cooler.

or you can tap the pan to monitor temps of fluid in reserve to be sucked into the valve body.

theres a few options that are pretty much universal. hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thats what i am trying to find out, IF there already is a port in the pan or IF there is a port in the tranny itself, but this isnt most trannies.

the return line isnt the line you would want to tap, you want to know the fluid temp inside the tranny, not what it is after its cooled.

i know you can tap the pan, but that requires dropping the pan and refilling it with fluid since you cant just start drilling.

i am just going to take it that nobody knows.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
well thats what i am trying to find out, IF there already is a port in the pan or IF there is a port in the tranny itself, but this isnt most trannies.

the return line isnt the line you would want to tap, you want to know the fluid temp inside the tranny, not what it is after its cooled.

i know you can tap the pan, but that requires dropping the pan and refilling it with fluid since you cant just start drilling.

i am just going to take it that nobody knows.
I mentioned above that there is "no" port available. You need to tap one yourself. To bad the EVIC didn't put that option in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts