Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I have a 2006 RT and am having an intermittent issue that sometimes at seemingly random times my tranny will slip or not deliver any power almost like i had low fluid and at same time i wont be able to manually select gears - shutting off and turning back on corrects the issue 99% of the time- my diablo in tune gave me a tcm errror code but of course i lost what i wrote the # down on (engine light was a new thing but problem has been around for a while) - any ideas what this could be ? is it a faulty TCM or transmission problem? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think the Diablo will only show the generic p0700, something is wrong with the tranny, code. To find out what set if off you have to use a scan tool that will read the TCM for codes. I think most auto parts stores will do this for free.

My car did the same thing and the code indicated that a speed sensor was bad on the lead frame. I removed the elecrical connector/bushing from the tranny. Dropped the pan and the filter. Removed the valve body. Unbolted the solenoids and changed out the lead frame. (The lead frame is the circuit board for the solenoids. There are two speed sensors on the frame. Unfortunatly the speed sensors are incorporated onto the part and the entire piece has to be replaced.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same problem after installing my intune on my 2006 sxt. Took it in to the shop after un-installing my intune and they diagnosed a speed sensor malfunction in my transmission. Well the option was to get it fixed which set me back 900 big ones. Well the transmission is back to normal but I haven't re-installed my intune for fear or another inconvenience. Well I know it's not good news but hopefully I found your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts