1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
370 HEMI said:
beam3215 said:
Brian,
Just flushed the tranny w/ your majic oil....Never knew how smooth that bad boy could be!! Feels like new...better even. Even when I manually down / up shift at high RPMs.....smooooooooooth, man. If you never did anything else to your car besides put the good stuff in...(QB engine / tranny / gear oils / coolant / ACES IV)...would be the most cost effective way to tweak your ride. I don't know how many more miles more I will get, or even how much I had left in the tranny (an expensive one at that), but it definitely will run infinitely longer w/ proper flushing. You can mod your engine all you want, but if you can't overcome heat, friction and shearing, then it is all in vain.

Bad part...I had to actually go to the dealer to do it as my friend's guy w/ the flush machine, didn't pan out.....there is an upside. While inspecting my car, the mechanic discovered a cracked engine mount. He reved it up to show me.....the hemi almost jumped out of the car!!! Also, He validated what I thought was an exhaust leak.....I began to hear ticking from the driver side. We think because of the jumping of the motor, the header seal is leaking. Hope fully it can be rectified w/ a new seal when the mount is replaced next week.....either that or I got a cracked / warped header to replace...........we'll see.
relatively "easy fix"....
Either way, the tranny is bad ass.........next up...coolant and gear oil.....then order more ACES IV and engine oil..later, Brian.................:beerchug:
Andrew,

Great write up. You could put what you just wrote up on the board and it would help others. Glad that you flushed it. Much better and longer lasting fluid. 18% more friction modifers in it plus the QuantumBlue technologies are really important for the life of the unit.

Sorry to hear about the motor mount and header gasket, but high performance has it's costs too.

Had the SRT8 out yesterday, but spent most of it entertaining a customer from Alberta Canda.

Have a great one and just let me know when you are ready for the coolant and the gear lube and we will get that done as well.

What did the technicians think when you gave them trans fluid made for you specifically.....probably couldn't believe it.:D

Have a great one my friend!!

Regards,

Brian Schubert
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts