Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately it feels like my tranny has been shifting a tad bit early [especially into 5th gear] It feels fine when I really get on it but when I am just out crusing it feels as though the car is being sluggish. Can I disconnect the battery forcing the computer to reset theshift points? I have been using the autostick to keep it in 4th gear until I want it to go into 5th but I want to use it as an automatic [my las car was a 5 speed and I got tired of shifting] ????

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
if you got a predator you can go in and adjust the trans, that's if you got one. if not maybe stealer dealer can help you

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
Lately it feels like my tranny has been shifting a tad bit early [especially into 5th gear] It feels fine when I really get on it but when I am just out crusing it feels as though the car is being sluggish. Can I disconnect the battery forcing the computer to reset theshift points? I have been using the autostick to keep it in 4th gear until I want it to go into 5th but I want to use it as an automatic [my las car was a 5 speed and I got tired of shifting] ????
How many miles are on the car at this point?

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles are on the car at this point?

Thanks
Brian
The car has 78K on it now. for the last 8 months the car has been going back and forth to my wifes work [less than 2 miles city driving round trip] and it has been on the interstate. So now that I am driving it around town it feels as though it tries to shift in the higher gear too soon, then when I try to accelerate it drops back down a gear. It feels kinda sluggish unless I accelerate briskly. I was thinking of disconnecting the battery for a few hours to see if it will reset the shift points by itself now that I am driving the car more often and not my wife. [it ticks me off that I can't even check my tranny fluid levels, what the hell was Chrysler thinking by treating Charger owners like idiots who can't service their own vehicles??]

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Try resetting your TCM adaptives if you have a predator.

If you dont, disconnecting the battery should do it as well. Sounds like your wife was driving kinda ganny like and the car adjusting/adapted to that style driving.

The car should wake back up if you flog it for a few days :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
When u say disconnect the battery does that mean both positve and negative or just the negative?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts