Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my car in for its first oil change and I am having them check out a couple of issues I'm having with my '07 R/T, R&T. The tranny has a hesitation going from Reverse to Drive. Also, I was parellel parking the other day, put it into Reverse and the car died. Weird. As for the steering, when I make a sweeping right turn and the wheel is in a certain position, there is a vibrating sound coming from the steering. Anyone having these issues?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I just took my car in for its first oil change and I am having them check out a couple of issues I'm having with my '07 R/T, R&T. The tranny has a hesitation going from Reverse to Drive. Also, I was parellel parking the other day, put it into Reverse and the car died. Weird. As for the steering, when I make a sweeping right turn and the wheel is in a certain position, there is a vibrating sound coming from the steering. Anyone having these issues?

you dont have a problem with your tranny hesitaion. its a design feature like it or not of these transmissions. its a safety feature to protect the tranny so you cant slam from reverse to drive. as an SRT engineer stated on these forums once its to permit the clutches in the tranny to line up before shifting.
sorry.

my car died twice at a stop sign before i hit 1000 miles i now have 15k on the car and never happened again.

have then check the rack and pinnion for problems on the steering

·
Registered
554 Posts
these tranny's do that. other problems not heard of. One day you will be at a red light and you will feel like someone rear ended you but there won't be anyone there.
That happens to me all the time! I have never heard it mentioned here before. When it happens I quickly look at the tach to see if the engine surges, but it doesn't seem to....weird.:alien:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The tranny issue blows :dead: It is so annoying when tring to make a "k" turn or parallel park, especially in NYC where everyone is in a rush. I have been trying to have DMX adress this but so far no luck

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
According to all service info, you need to have the latest TCM software and perform the TCM adaptation procedure. Its not just a reset, but a set of driving instructions as well to get it set right.

TCM ADAPTATION - NAG1 Only
The adaptation procedure requires the use of the appropriate scan tool. This program allows the electronic transmission
system to re-calibrate itself. This will provide the proper baseline transmission operation. The adaptation
procedure should be performed if any of the following procedures are performed:

1. With the scan tool, reset the Transmission adaptives. Resetting the adaptives will set the adaptives to factory
settings. (Predators can do this too)
NOTE: Perform the Coast Down Adaptations first. The Transmission Temperature must be greater than 60°C
(140°F) and less than 70°C (158°F). Failure to stay within these temperature ranges will void the procedure.
2. Drive the vehicle until the transmission temperature is in the specified range.
3. Perform 4 to 5 coast downs from 5th to 4th gear and then 4th to 3rd gear.
NOTE: For Upshift adaptation, the Transmission temperature must be greater than 60°C (140°F) and less
than 100°C (212°F). Failure to stay within these temperature ranges will void this procedure.
4. From a stop, moderately accelerate the vehicle and obtain all forward gear ranges while keeping the Engine
RPM below 1800 RPM. Repeat this procedure 4 to 5 times.
5. Obtaining 5th gear may be difficult at 1800 RPM. Allow the transmission to shift into 5th gear at a higher RPM
then lower the RPM to 1800 and perform manual shifts between 4th and 5th gears using the shift lever.
6. The TCM will store the adaptives every 10 minutes. After completion of the adaptation procedure make sure the
vehicle stays running for at least 10 minutes.
7. It is possible to manually store the adaptives under the 10 minute time frame using the scan tool Store Adaptives
procedure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
these tranny's do that. other problems not heard of. One day you will be at a red light and you will feel like someone rear ended you but there won't be anyone there.
Yes these trans are very strange.... I did find out how to enable comfort mode or winter mode on these transmission. It can only be done at start up. When you start up your car right away with no delay but your car in R. If you do this fast enough this will engage the second reverse gear. The way you can tell is you will have to give gas in order to move the car in R. If you do get this mode be careful to make a complete stop or a very very very very very slow roll shift into D. Its just like on a Mercedes in W or C mode you will get same type of effect (neck snapping bounce back). As the delay comes from shifting from R to D if you put and hold your foot on gas so lightly i notice i could get the car to take off in second gear most of the time. I would like to find out how to hard wire a button for W/S modes. In winter time its a pain in the next to have to put the car in 2nd on everystop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts