Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an odd problem with my Charger and trailer lights. It is fine with my boat and jet ski trailers. In getting my snowmobile trailer out last weekend, I have a problem with the brakes and turn signal lights. It appears to blow a circuit breaker when applying the brakes or turns. The running lights work fine. No it's not a ground issue. The same trailer works fine behind another vehicle. It also works fine if I unhook the upper lights on the cap. It's like there are too many lights being powered by the circuit. If I shut the car off then turn it on, the circuit resets. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I have an odd problem with my Charger and trailer lights. It is fine with my boat and jet ski trailers. In getting my snowmobile trailer out last weekend, I have a problem with the brakes and turn signal lights. It appears to blow a circuit breaker when applying the brakes or turns. The running lights work fine. No it's not a ground issue. The same trailer works fine behind another vehicle. It also works fine if I unhook the upper lights on the cap. It's like there are too many lights being powered by the circuit. If I shut the car off then turn it on, the circuit resets. Any ideas?
There are no "circut-breakers" that can reset on the Charger. If you blow a fuse, you replace it. Seems as if you have a wiring issue with that trailer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no "circut-breakers" that can reset on the Charger. If you blow a fuse, you replace it. Seems as if you have a wiring issue with that trailer.
It's possible that it's in the trailer I suppose, but I doubt it. As I said, the trailer works fine behind my other vehicle. Also, I redid all of the grounds as this is the usual problem area. It sure acts like a circuit breaker because if I turn the car off and then back on it resets. Maybe there's someone out there that has seen this before.

·
Registered
83 Posts
could also be a short in the trailer harness on the car side...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Maybe try some LED bulbs in the trailer, since they don't put as much load on the electrical system.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I had a dead short in the trailer wiring...literally factory build error from several years ago. The vehicle computer shut down the RH brake lights. Had to pull the battery cable and it reset the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts