Charger Forums banner

trade in values

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  DAYTONA_R/T 
#1 ·
Any idea what the average trade in value would be on an R/T 2006 with 30,000 miles in NY. - Im trying to get an idea of what I should expect from a dealer.

tHANKS ALL

#2 ·
www.edmunds.com has a very good calculator for this kind of question - they do it by zip-code. Also, www.kbb.com is pretty good too.

#13 ·
An then take off another 15-20%. A lot of dealers are using auction prices now from Galves. A 2 year old car with 30K miles will likely take a bigger hit than usual.

Best,

#5 ·
the guides are just that a little help. a dealer will attempt to give you $10k if you will accept it. your absolute best bet is to sell the car privately at the beginning of summer.

r/t with r&t pkg's are being wholesaled at between $16k-$19k with the right miles. one of the largest dodge dealerships in this area was closed down for good last friday... without warning. all of their 2007's and earlier went to auction. all 2008's went to surrounding dodge dealers.

this really depends on your area and the overall demand for this type of vehicle.

#9 ·
hoping to get about 25k trade in for the daytona, but haven't asked any local dealers what they will actually give me, guessing closser to 20k

I have been holding off getting rid of the charger till I bought a house, but the way the market is dropping that won't be any time soon... bad enough when you buy a car and drive it off th lot you loose 10% yet buy a house and the day you get the keys you are negative equity.....

next vehicle will have between 650 and 660 ftlbs of torque.... :-D

#20 ·
next vehicle will have between 650 and 660 ftlbs of torque.... :-D
I'd definetly get the Duramax! My father-in-law has one and he's smoked his brother with his Cummins a number of times!

#15 ·
If you're going to replace it with another Charger or Magnum, why sell it and take the financial hit? It's not going to dry up and blow away the day after it goes out of warranty.

Best,

#12 · (Edited)
Most of the dealer in ca will call the auction to see what there going 4. then they useley back that off 2000 and dealer up from there. all the blue books are really a guide for the banks on the amount to loan on. i got 26000 for my 06 srt-8 magnum with every option list in 06. it low booked at 29000 in kelly blue book and booked 26000 at the auction. i got my 07 srt-8 jeep at invoice on this deal. most of the dealers i called offered me 25000 just to buy it outrite. the dealer i traded it in at has it 4/sale at 30991.its been there 4 weeks now. if they dont sell it in 45 days they said it will go to there dodge lot down the street.

#16 ·
Honestly, a charger with 30k miles is worth nothing to a dealership, 90% of the chargers magnums or any chrysler vehicle has this mileage when traded in, reason being the warranty is about up.

Which is also why the vehicle is worth less.

You will take a massive hit from dealers, they have millions of DCX vehicles with this mileage and nobody who wants to take on a DCX vehicle w/out a warranty.

I worked for a few dealers now and that's just the way it is. :)

#17 ·
For kicks I checked the Edmunds used car appraiser for my 2007 R/T. It has a checklist for optional equipment. There no where to indicate I have the R&T package. It listed separate items like 20" wheels, rear spoiler, front sport seats, etc. The R&T package was a substantial one costing over $3K, I think it should be represented at trade in time.

#18 ·
everyone wants the features of a Daytona, very few people want the over the top colors. it is a myth the Daytona's are getting that much more money. they are not going to be collectible like the 60's and 70's. too many people have purchase them and put them away think that it is an investment.

i am going to drive the wheels off of this biotch!! and when the end comes i will go off of the cliff like thelma and louise...

#19 ·
i am going to drive the wheels off of this biotch!! and when the end comes i will go off of the cliff like thelma and louise...
X2, except without the Thelma and Louise part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.