Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I read while I was gone about being able to turn the key while driving and totally disable the traction control. I was so excited to go try it and burn out really hard.
Many times when I'm leaving my appt, I will do a sweet power slide turning on to the access road. With TSP off (with the button) I can keep it sideways for about 4 seconds. I couldn't try this tonight as it was about 3 in the morning when I went out and don't need people calling the cops.

Well, to see what the difference was I turned the TSP "off" with the button and hit it hard outside my apartments. It lit them up for about 1.5 seconds. Then I turned the key until the two lights came on. I assumed this is what everyone was speaking of and supposedly my TSP was off all the way now. I again gunned it near the same place (same road quality). It actually seemed like a shorter lay of rubber! I tried two more times with no avail. I went for a drive and gunned it hard from the lights with the TSP at 60% and supposedly all the way off. I noticed no difference.

I was hoping our 390 ft lb's of torque with no traction would be much more exciting. I didn't try to do a donut like I wanted to because there were lots of cops out tonight, and I also didn't put it in 1st with auto stick, but I figured that shouldn't matter. My sisters 4 liter Ranger put down rubber better than this thing (albeit with 4.10 gears). So my questions are; Did I do it wrong and it wasn't off? Did it some how go into like a limp mode when I did it and cut the power? Or is the car so heavy that it just grips after such a short amount of time? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
You need hold the gear to keep the tires spinning. If the car shifts, then you get traction. If you aren't satisfied with disabling ESP with a turn of key, you could always buy a NOESP mod, or buy a diablo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, but it stopped laying rubber before it shifted. I plan on buying a Predator, but was hoping for preview of what it felt like with no traction control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.