Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my car didnt come stock with traction control, is it an option that the dealer can install now?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I thought all Chargers had traction control standard. Do you have the ESP button on the dash above the radio?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe the 2.7 doesn't have it cuz, ya know... it doesn't really need it. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol I definitely dont have it.. and shut up, I need it when it rains.. feels like im driving on ice:knockout:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I was under the impression that all chargers had traction control, and esp was an option. Well if you don't have it, you could call the dealer. I bet they can do it, but at what cost? It might cost more than it is worth.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
thats pretty ironic, the charger owners with esp and traction control will pay and go throught extraordinary lengths to get rid of it, while charger owners without it will pay to have it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
thats pretty ironic, the charger owners with esp and traction control will pay and go throught extraordinary lengths to get rid of it, while charger owners without it will pay to have it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a SXT now but I started with the base 2.7 and yes it did have the ESP controls.
Not mine, im 110% sure that I dont have it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The cost to add it would be huge..better off selling that car and buying another. No dealer would take on adding it.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Yeah that goes double for me.

You should check for a loose nut between the seat and the steering wheel, because I don't even need my ESP in the rain.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

You should check for a loose nut between the seat and the steering wheel, because I don't even need my ESP in the rain.
:lol: whenever I accelerate from a dead stop, i spin my wheels and fishtail. Ive tried going easier on the gas but i still have the problem. The only time that I DONT have a problem, is when I accelerate so slow that I anger the drivers behind me.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Oh yeah... I don't even use mine in the snow. :grin:

No seriously, the ESP has a tendency to turn the tires so slowly that you can get stuck if the roads are poorly plowed. I find it easier to turn off the ESP get the car into 3rd and do the correct snow driving myself.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
:lol: whenever I accelerate from a dead stop, i spin my wheels and fishtail. Ive tried going easier on the gas but i still have the problem. The only time that I DONT have a problem, is when I accelerate so slow that I anger the drivers behind me.
Yeah there must be something wrong with your car (or that dreaded loose nut I described).

My ESP almost stranded me in the middle of nowhere when I was offroading. If I hadn't shut the button off before it brought me to a complete stop, I'd still be walking a day later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts