Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, this is the tune that I have in my Charger SRT8. My car was toned with the latest diablo tone (8r16) the 91 cai tune with raised shift points, shift firmness and RMP. I also reset the TCM.

I guess my experience was not as good as what others have posted... I went to the track tonight; my times are usually around 13.45 to 13.65 depending on the DA and the car temperature. After my 25 cent mod, my ETs went down between 13.35 and 13.45, this is with the DA between 4100 and 3900.

Tonight I had my car ready and tuned with the diablo predator, so I was expecting my ETs around 13.20s. What I got was 13.42, 13.46, and 13.49. Even though the car feels all around faster, I was not impressed with the results. Tonight was hotter and more humid than usual; the DA was at 4600, could this be the reason why I did not get the ET I was waiting for?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
First, this is the tune that I have in my Charger SRT8. My car was toned with the latest diablo tone (8r16) the 91 cai tune with raised shift points, shift firmness and RMP. I also reset the TCM.

I guess my experience was not as good as what others have posted... I went to the track tonight; my times are usually around 13.45 to 13.65 depending on the DA and the car temperature. After my 25 cent mod, my ETs went down between 13.35 and 13.45, this is with the DA between 4100 and 3900.

Tonight I had my car ready and tuned with the diablo predator, so I was expecting my ETs around 13.20s. What I got was 13.42, 13.46, and 13.49. Even though the car feels all around faster, I was not impressed with the results. Tonight was hotter and more humid than usual; the DA was at 4600, could this be the reason why I did not get the ET I was waiting for?

Hay Carlos;

Get you weather report from yesterday at www.weather.com
and then go to this web page for the Density Altitude

http://www.modulardepot.com/density.php

And YES 700 feet will make a huge differance on how quick your car is.

Chuck

·
Registered
353 Posts
Nhra correction for 700 ft diff is 5 hundreds. So your 13.35 At 3900 ft is 13.40 at 4600 ft. So it looks like your about rite at that altitude change of 700 ft. Lot of guys think because you put out more hp on the dyno with a change you will go faster at the track and thats not allways true. Been there done that. Putting the tone in from the diablo bone stock it may have made a diff but you have some mods like the cat back and cai witch give you less back pressuer and more air so this could of been the reason you really didnt go any faster. Who really knows.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, thanks for your help...

At my home track, they don't give out tickets; the only thing we get is the RT and the ET. My REs, were excellent, the best was a .512 and the worst was a .618, I also fouled twice with RTs around .490. The car feels stronger and "faster" with the Diablo Predator, but I can't see it at the track... My best ET ever was a 13.224 at a different track that's around 1,200 feet, and my best ET at this track with the DA around 3900 and no PREDATOR was a 13.34. So getting ET's around 13.40s was a despoilment. I was thinking of going to the dyno guy and try to tune the car there, I don't now what you guys thing about this idea...

I wasn’t getting any tire spin. I'll post a video of one of my cars passes yesterday night, so you guys can tell me what you think...

I usually try to get my RPMS at around 1500 before the green light, and yesterday I tried to get them around 1800 just to se if this would help my RT, and it did... I don't think this should hurt my ETs...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Guys, check out the video... Don't get discourage when the video starts, I'm in the SECOND RACE... You really won’t be able to see if I get any tire spin, but anyway... here is the video... I got out early in this race, RT .480, with an ET of 13.46... Let me know what you guys think... One more thing, the car temp was at 155 degrees...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGhTIZPzOk8

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Carlos,

Your videos are unique and SCARY. What is up with the all people standing on the drag strip ?? There must be close to 80 people that I see standing by the burn out boxes and another 10 on the starting line. Has anyone ever been run over or killed ??? That is not much better than Street Racing. I would be very careful racing at that track UNLESS they start to follow better safety guidelines.

Your Friend
Chuck

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Carlos,

Your videos are unique and SCARY. What is up with the all people standing on the drag strip ?? There must be close to 80 people that I see standing by the burn out boxes and another 10 on the starting line. Has anyone ever been run over or killed ??? That is not much better than Street Racing. I would be very careful racing at that track UNLESS they start to follow better safety guidelines.

Your Friend
Chuck
SCARY isn't the word for it..... Hope no one ever brakes a driveshaft and have it come out from under the car, it could take half those people out all in the matter of a few short seconds..... :knockout:
That track looks scary...to narrow.....:knockout:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Looking at the videos, the do look scary... To be honest, I've been going to this track, on and off, for more than 2 years, and I have never seen or heard about anyone getting hurt (nock on wood). But I do think they need to create a safer environment for the races and the fans. Nothing usually happens until it happens... There are some videos of another drag strip that is about one hour away from my house, they don't have as many people and are tougher with the security.

You can see people standing, on the first 100 feet of the left side wall, and even though there is a rail for safety, there is a lot of danger especially for the fans. I'll try to see if I can find someone that can do something about this…

This is the track that I was telling you about... I think this is ok...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNwy-1PgTq8

This is the track I usually go to, the one that is on most of the videos... Check how everyone is standing on top of the left side wall.... I do think this is not safe for either the driver or the people standing on the wall...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWIOr6lINdo

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Need to post trap speeds if you want to talk about incremental hp gains, not so much ETs unless you also post 60fts and conditions.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
12.909 @ 111

Yesterday, Mikes from DIABLO SPORTS suggested I switch from my 93 Perf CAI tune to the 91 Perf CAI Tune, so I did and felt a BIG difference in performance right away. I thought that since the car seamed to be working fine, that it was OK to go with the 93 octane tune. Like I said before, we only get 92 octane gas here in Mexico. Anyway, the night was cold; the DA was around 2250, we usually are between 3900 and 4100, so I decided to go to the track and see what this tune could do. At our local track we don't get tickets, we only get to see our ET and RT on an electric board over the track.

Needless to say, I was very happy with the results. On my first run I got a 13.051 @ 110 with a RT of .600, and on the second and last run I got a 12.909 @ 111 RT .560. I don't now how much should I attribute this to the tune and how much to low DA, but either way, I'm happy. I was running 13.40s with the DA on 3900 more or less.

I’ll try to go tonight to another track that’s about an hour from my house and run the car with the 91 Perf CAI tune and the stock tune and I’ll post the results, tomorrow. I think this test will definitely, clear the air and let us now, what the real gains from the predator are on the track,.

·
Registered
898 Posts
i was there last night, nice run, i bet it was the weather, was so f***ing cold and lower than usual DA help a lot

·
Registered
898 Posts
Did not see you man, you should have said hello :mad: ... did you run last night?
no i didnt run i usually leave my car near the entrance last time i was there i saw you when we were leaving i was in the silver charger that passed next to you in the highway and honked my horn that was like 3 weeks ago.
today i just found a gas station that sells 93 octane @ fidel velazquez near the honda dealer, but i dont know sounds weird all the others sell 92 and this one says 93 on the pump but you could try it

btw if you wanna see what tune its working better for your car i recommend switching tunes before your runs so you have the same weather conditions, at the same track, try to get at least 2 runs with each tune

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
btw if you wanna see what tune its working better for your car i recommend switching tunes before your runs so you have the same weather conditions, at the same track, try to get at least 2 runs with each tune
That was the plan, but after running a 13.051, I wanted to see if I could go under 13... So the plan went out the window... :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no i didnt run i usually leave my car near the entrance last time i was there i saw you when we were leaving i was in the silver charger that passed next to you in the highway and honked my horn that was like 3 weeks ago.
I remember!!! I tried to honk back but its tough to honk with this cars...

Why don't you run your car?

·
Registered
898 Posts
yeah its hard to use it on this cars, specially when you need it fast hehe
i was gonna run but yesterday my tranny started to leak so i took my car to the dealer this afternoon and didnt really wanted to risk it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts