Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my TPMS flashes for about 30 seconds when I accelerate quickly. I've never seen this before. The tire pressures are all good.

Can anyone explain what it means?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Warp speed? Tires traveling faster than the signal from the sensors.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warp speed? Tires traveling faster than the signal from the sensors.
That's what I was thinking LOL! I suspect it means a sensor is going bad but don't know for sure.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Try some conservative driving for a bit. If it flashes for a bit every 5/10 minutes then one of your sensors is not reporting.
if u are in cold cold weater, one of the sensors may have ice on it.(cant remember where i read this from)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try some conservative driving for a bit. If it flashes for a bit every 5/10 minutes then one of your sensors is not reporting.
if u are in cold cold weater, one of the sensors may have ice on it.(cant remember where i read this from)
Is there any way to find out which sensor? It continues to flash now regardless of my driving habits.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Flashing could mean a malfunctioning sensor....they usually are either On or Off...I've never had mine flash before.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Yes, head to your local shop and they will let you know which sensor is not reporting.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is doing the same thing. I'm assuming yours is a 2006. The battery inside the sensor went dead.
Yep, early 2006. Over on the "other" forum they said a garage can scan the sensors and tell you which one is bad.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE:

Had them scanned, the driver's side front sensor is bad.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
At least you know what it is. Hopefully fixed soon and that annoying light goes off on the dash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts