Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed new wheels on my 2019 Charger R/T Scat Pack. New TPMS sensors were included in the wheels. Checked the tire pressure, everything is good. But now my TPMS light is going off and it isn't showing any PSI readings on any of the tires. I'm guessing I need to reset something? I've driven the car about 60 miles since I installed the wheels. What should I do?

Also, I'm learning all of this stuff slowly (I'm a dentist and have no idea about cars) so if I sound like an idiot, please...be gentle... 馃槀

Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
Most tire shops should be able to do a relearn or reset on the system.

Registered
It should relearn itself after a few days.

Registered
Hopefully the new TPM sensors are 433 MHz and not 315 MHz. New sensors are shipped in storage mode in order to preserve battery life. Tire air pressure above 25 psi will bring them out of storage mode. There are some TRW brand TPM sensors that require a 125KHz transmission signal, from a TPMS activation tool, to bring them out of storage mode.
Once the vehicle has remained stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15 mph. During this time, the system will learn the new sensor IDs.

Or do as CE9311 suggested and go to a tire shop (e.g. Discount Tire) and have them use their scan tool to reset the TPM system and assign sensor IDs.

Reactions: POWERMAN

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully the new TPM sensors are 433 MHz and not 315 MHz. New sensors are shipped in storage mode in order to preserve battery life. Tire air pressure above 25 psi will bring them out of storage mode. There are some TRW brand TPM sensors that require a 125KHz transmission signal, from a TPMS activation tool, to bring them out of storage mode.
Once the vehicle has remained stationary for more than 20 minutes, drive the vehicle for a minimum of 10 minutes while maintaining a continuous speed above 15 mph. During this time, the system will learn the new sensor IDs.

Or do as CE9311 suggested and go to a tire shop (e.g. Discount Tire) and have them use their scan tool to reset the TPM system and assign sensor IDs.
I'll give this a try. Does the engine have to be on during that 20 minutes?

Registered
Minimum of 10 miles of driving. BTW, there is no reset. I changed 4 tires and wheels on 4 different cars and the sensors can take as little as 3-4 miles before reading, others take a bit more driving.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Minimum of 10 miles of driving. BTW, there is no reset. I changed 4 tires and wheels on 4 different cars and the sensors can take as little as 3-4 miles before reading, others take a bit more driving.
I've driven about 80-100 miles as of now so I'll have to go another route!

Registered
Well, where did you buy the wheels and TPM sensors from? Are they the correct ones for your vehicle? Call them and get some answers.

Registered
Like Punisher said, it can take days if not a week. I've changed the wheels and sensors several times and they are very finicky.

Registered
Could always be a defective sensor, too. Get them scanned at a reputable tire shop and see what happens then. I only needed to drive my SP a few miles in the city before everything shut off and started acting normally again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could always be a defective sensor, too. Get them scanned at a reputable tire shop and see what happens then. I only needed to drive my SP a few miles in the city before everything shut off and started acting normally again.
Yeah if none of the other suggestions work I probably will take them to a shop. I was hoping to figure it out on my own but I may need to call in the experts.

Registered
Take the car back to the shop that did the install. Sensors are not turned on correctly. Car is fine, no need to connect to it at all,it just the sensors are not activated.
either this or they installed the wrong sensors.
My sensors reset within 400M(1/4 mile) of driving, so if they haven't reset within 80 miles, something is wrong.
What sensors are listed on your reciept?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts