Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ... I recently swapped my stock tires/rims (215/65/17) to (225/60/18) ... The guys who did the work put the TPMS on the tires , therefore no light is on the dash. My question is, although the tpms is on the new tires, are the tpms Registered in the car's computer for the new tires?? Just because theyre on the tire doesnt mean they are programmed correctly, right? Any responses would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
2,376 Posts
Just a shot in the dark but if your car doesn't or didnt come with TPMS I don't think its going to just work. Not sure if you need a receiver installed in your car to get the signal from the TPMS sensors also you may need a dealer to turn on that feature with a starscan

· Registered
4,631 Posts
They'll work fine. The sensors are not programmed to the car. The sensors in the tire simply send a signal to the receiver in the car of a "pass/fail" pressure. I swapped my stock 17" SXT rims for stock 18" RT rims and they work fine. The only issue you'll ever have with swapping sensors/tires is that you need to make sure you have the correct frequency for your year car (Dodge has used 2 over the years that I know of). If you have the new sensors in for a few days and it doesn't give you the signal error they're working fine.

The signal error is the tire pressure light will remain lit solid for 10 minutes, then blink for 1 minute, and go solid again. It will continuously repeat that cycle. That indicates either a bad sensor, receiver, or improper frequency.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They'll work fine. The sensors are not programmed to the car. The sensors in the tire simply send a signal to the receiver in the car of a "pass/fail" pressure. I swapped my stock 17" SXT rims for stock 18" RT rims and they work fine. The only issue you'll ever have with swapping sensors/tires is that you need to make sure you have the correct frequency for your year car (Dodge has used 2 over the years that I know of). If you have the new sensors in for a few days and it doesn't give you the signal error they're working fine.

The signal error is the tire pressure light will remain lit solid for 10 minutes, then blink for 1 minute, and go solid again. It will continuously repeat that cycle. That indicates either a bad sensor, receiver, or improper frequency.
Ohhh alright, thank you so much. I've had these new tires on for a few months now and the sensor hasn't come on so i guess that means i'm good to go. Thanks again for your answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.