Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info on TPMS.
Just bought a set of 20" chrome clad OEMs for my 2009 SE 3.5.
The seller said that the sensors are for the 2007 and didn't work in his 2008.
What would be the OEM part number for the correct units to work on these wheels and my model and is there other aftermarket sensors?
Does the dealer have to recalabrate every time I switch between my 17s (winter)and 20s (summer)?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm not really sure about the part number, but I just went from 17" to 22" and I elected not to do anything about the tpms. I mean it's just a censor and a light, it really shouldnt have any effect on the vehicle other than that. I know that if I wanted to get the censor that I was told they would be $100 per wheel, but in my opinion it is not something I need to have.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
why dont you just put the ones u have on your 17s on them?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I have to pull off the summer treads on my 17s to make ready for the winter. I was wondering if the tpms sensors are the same for either OEM wheel size or if I just order a set of new ones for the 20s. It seems that anything that you do to the 09 Charger you have to go and see the dealer for some fangled computer flash update. Cost me 100 bucks for them just to flip the switch to activate the fog lights. I don't want to have to go and see them every time I swap out the 17s and 20s every season. Also heard that they go for about 70.00 up here in Canada for the sensors but not exactly sure.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
i have the ones i had on my clads on my 22s right now with no problem at all

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Seriously? I thought they wouldn't work because of the size difference but I will definately have to try that. Thanks. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
you got it man, besides, its only a sensor, i dont think the size matters (thats what she said)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
HAHAHAHA yessir!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got this info from the dealer this afternoon.
2009 part # 56029400AC $58.99 Cdn.
2007 part # 68001696AB $71.99 Cdn.
2008 part # 68001698AB $??.?? Cdn. Opps! didn't write it down.
I talked to one of the Mechanics and he said that it didn't matter what the wheel size was. Its just the sensor relaying the info to the module.

Now to find cheaper units.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
So if I still have the stock ones I can use them right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts