Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HEy guys I'm in the process of upgrading my '09 R/T with 20x10 Vipers in back and 20x9 in the front...The major sticking point is which tires to get, can anyone post a pic of their charger running 295x40x20's in the rear??? If I go with this setup, I plan to run 255x45x20 in the front...Thanks guys for the help and I'll post pics as soon as the batmobile is riding with its new shoes :beerchug:

Oh and just to add another tidbit, I'm also installing a Eibach lowering kit as well as upgrading the brakes to 6 piston caliber breaks (not sure which brand) and upgraded roters...Does this sound correct or am I thrwing money down the perverbial drain. Thanks Peeps!!!

Gotta control her before I start adding the HP's....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
might need to check the clearance with 295/40s, I know that's an iffy size for SRT height (and it seems you're going lower). Could be as simple as rolling fenders but don't let it become a nightmare of fitting tires :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
here's some shots of the rear profile of 295/35's on srt reps (will look the same with your size)

here's a corner shot of that setup on a dyno

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THAT...my friend is what I am looking for! INteresting about the fitment issues, what size are you running up front to offset the sidewall size difference?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
THAT...my friend is what I am looking for! INteresting about the fitment issues, what size are you running up front to offset the sidewall size difference?
this setup was just the stock 245/45 up front, with the offset on the vipers I think you might be okay with the 295/40 but I just know the "suggested" size is 295/35. There's i think about a 1in difference in height between the two

Right now I'm running 275/45 in the rear, which is 29.7in tall (on SRT rims) so unless the viper offset affects anything you should be okay with 295/40 (in at 29.3in tall).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tires and Rims have been ordered!!! I'll post pics next week of the finished project! Appreciate the help & pics Invictu :beerchug: CHEERS!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I got 2 questions for you...
1) Are these 20" or 22"?
2) Why do ppl get 9" on front and 10" on the rear?

THX in advance :)
these are 20's, usually people go wider in the rear so they can run wider tires in the rear as well (more traction). This also gives it that staggered raked look (like a muscle car should have :D )

Ohh and if any of you guys know, can you tell me why some RIMs won't fit on AWD models?
THX xD
not 100% sure why but I know it has to do with the fact that its AWD. I dunno if the hubs are placed differently or maybe it has something to do with ride height? I'm sure someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
just did 255/45-20 and 295/40-20 toyo st ii's today. look fantastic but i can see where you might need some negative camber to run on a fairly low car.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ohh and if any of you guys know, can you tell me why some RIMs won't fit on AWD models?
THX xD
AWD models require either 40mm or 44mm (I can't remember but it's in this range) offset to fit. RWD models '10 and earlier have 18mm offset on the stock wheels. If you put RWD wheels on an AWD, the wheels/tires will stick out. If you put AWD wheels on a RWD, the wheels will be tucked in too much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
these are 20's, usually people go wider in the rear so they can run wider tires in the rear as well (more traction). This also gives it that staggered raked look (like a muscle car should have :D )
What I meant was, Why not put XX"x10" on all 4 wheels? xD

AWD models require either 40mm or 44mm (I can't remember but it's in this range) offset to fit. RWD models '10 and earlier have 18mm offset on the stock wheels. If you put RWD wheels on an AWD, the wheels/tires will stick out. If you put AWD wheels on a RWD, the wheels will be tucked in too much.
Thanks! That's understandable, even though, I don't understand why they made it this way... Maybe the transmission was too big or something

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks! That's understandable, even though, I don't understand why they made it this way... Maybe the transmission was too big or something
I'm guessing that the different front spindle/knuckle for the AWD is larger and sticks out further than the RWD version. In that case, the front wheels would need more offset. To use the same wheels front and back, they moved the rear out to accomodate the higher offset wheels. That's just what I'm guessing.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What I meant was, Why not put XX"x10" on all 4 wheels?
10" wide wheels in the front might fit, but here's the problems you get.

1) Rubbing the fender liner at or close to full lock (turned all the way either left or right)

2) Tracking. Wider front wheels will follow lines/grooves in the road.

3) As mentioned earlier, will need to roll the fender.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts