Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been successful in getting the delaminating screen taken care of? I know vehicle is out of warranty, but this is definitely a known issue. FCA acknowledges this but say my vehicles is to far out of warranty to even "push up".

2017 Charger , 86K miles

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
It's along the lines of other known issues (cam and lifters) that are an issue and known to FCA, but doesn't effect enough vehicles to cause a recall.

At you're mileage, you won't be getting any help from FCA in paying for that. What screen do you have, the 4.3 or 8.4?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8.4. Concerning, because I just purchased a Ram and has the same screen. I expressed this to FCA also.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It happens, but I don't think its wide spread. I have 3 vehicles, all with 8.4 and at least 7 years old and there have been no bubbling/delaminating issues with them. Family has probably 10 cars and trucks with them, no screen issues.

Some more info might be nice on screen issues.
Garage kept?
Southern or northern location (Temps)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-Mostly Garage kept
-Southeast (NC), but vehicle was purchased used so not sure about before
-Screen has actually been "peeling" for a while but thought it was just cosmetic. Even if I would have taken to a dealer within the warranty, im sure dealer would have declined to it being cosmetic as well.
-Issue is very sporadic. Cant say if a certain temp (hot/cold) causes it but when it happens it is quite annoying and could cause an accident. Screen goes crazy and starts to call peopl when connected to phone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts