Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
5,726 Posts
Year and mileage?

That's a tough one, but with resale values being as high as they are, I'm still going to say probably not a total loss. It's going to depend on what's bent. From the looks of it, front bumper, cover, passenger fender, suspension work, fans/radiator, hood. A lot of that stuff in the front though is plastic. You're easily over $10k in repair costs, I'd figure you'll end up somewhere about $15k+.

Reactions: GTO_04

· Registered
8,285 Posts
Hard to say from those pics. You hit a tree/pole? Did the airbags deploy?

Best,

· Registered
5,726 Posts
I'd imagine it'll be repaired, unless as mentioned there is more damage that isn't seen.

The headache will probably be the long repair times.

· Registered
8,285 Posts
I'd imagine it'll be repaired, unless as mentioned there is more damage that isn't seen.

The headache will probably be the long repair times.
I've heard parts availability is still brutal. Maybe they'll stumble upon a repair shop that can think outside of the box and find a rear hit totaled parts car to scavenge and shorten the time to repair.

Best,

· Registered
5,726 Posts
I've heard parts availability is still brutal. Maybe they'll stumble upon a repair shop that can think outside of the box and find a rear hit totaled parts car to scavenge and shorten the time to repair.

Best,
When I hit a 🦌 a few years ago, the dame was similar to that, but not quite as extensive and still took about 3 weeks to repair. A buddy hit a deer about 6 weeks ago in his Challenger WB and its been in the shop since and still not done.

· Registered
8,285 Posts
When I hit a 🦌 a few years ago, the dame was similar to that, but not quite as extensive and still took about 3 weeks to repair. A buddy hit a deer about 6 weeks ago in his Challenger WB and its been in the shop since and still not done.
I cringe at the thought of my Tesla getting hit. Parts availability also brutal there. Seems like that's going to be the "new normal" for a good long while for most brands.

Best,

· Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
2,372 Posts
My son’s 19 SXT happened Oct 21. Insurance did not total it, about $16k in repairs. Supposed to be done this week. I’m sure your HEMI is holding a lot more value.
Comparison for you.
Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Gas Tints and shades

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

· Registered
3,121 Posts
Damn. Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully it won't take to long to get it fixed. Make sure and ask your insurance about diminished value $$ if it was someone else's fault. Meaning it will be worth less on trade now with an accident showing on Carfax or wherever.

· Registered
735 Posts
Damn. Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully it won't take to long to get it fixed. Make sure and ask your insurance about diminished value $$. Meaning it will be worth less on trade now with an accident showing on Carfax or wherever.
One own insurance won't cover diminishment of value. You'd only get this from another person's policy if they were at fault.

· Registered
3,121 Posts
One own insurance won't cover diminishment of value. You'd only get this from another person's policy if they were at fault.
Yeah that's what I meant. I'll add that. We are a no fault state in MN so the insurance companies hash it out.

· Registered
735 Posts
Yeah that's what I meant. I'll add that. We are a no fault state in MN so the insurance companies hash it out.
MN's no fault only applies to injuries (and does not eliminate your ability to pursue the other party for your own injuries). It does not apply to property damage. The only state that I know of that has true no-fault for property damage is MI.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts