Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,495 Posts
There are others that are little more versed with this, but I’m guessing yes.
That’s a lot of damage and especially if that affected the frame.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
From what I can see, there isn't any visible crumpling from the fenders.

How many miles?

I'm gonna say, without much to go on, that if it's low miles, no, it won't be a total loss.

Reactions: Ron380

·
Registered
9,285 Posts
First, I hope YOU are okay.
As said above, it depends what damage is underneath, but I think it can be fixed.

·
Registered
2013 Charger RT Road and Track
397 Posts
From your statement that no airbags had deployed would be your saving grace. As most cars even new ones when airbags deploy the amount of electronic damage that is done is mind boggling. I am actually surprised looking at the damage that the front airbags did not deploy. But with that being said chances are the car is not totalled.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Charger SXT; Triple Nickel
1,495 Posts
Train tracks, front end damage. Texting while driving?
I wondered the same thing.
Airbags probably didn’t deploy because the damage was too high (guessing you hit a truck), it looks like the damage happened just above where the airbag sensors are. I suppose that could be her saving grace.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Most of the time damage is past the rad. Still doesn't mean it had to go off. Air bags can cause more harm then good that's why second Gen ones don't deploy nearly as often as original airbags in older cars did.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
My guess is rear ended a box truck or something?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Ahhh the Charger looks worse than it really is. Looking a second time it looks like front number fascia and the hood crumpled mostly. That whole front piece come out. Radiator probably messed up. I would check if things got pushed in past the radiator. I don’t think it’s that bad.

Toyota guy will probably be driving around in a new car next week the way insurance caves these days.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Looks like it could be fixed. Airbags did not go off because the sensors are located in the bumper.
I take it you slammed on your brakes hard which caused the nose of the car to dive downward just enough when you smacked into the back of the Toyota which in turn missed the airbag sensors.
Glad your okay.

2019 R/T Scat Pack Plus

1 - 20 of 23 Posts