Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got it friday. got rear ended saturday. it is a 2016 with a good bit of mileage on it. i was wondering if it can be fixed or if it is totaled!?! the insurance hasn’t looked at it yet but i just wanted to know opinions before hand.
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
Doesn't appear to be totaled to me, Looks expensive though.

Reactions: POWERMAN and Sellrz

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
I'd day probably not. What's the mileage.

I had a 2010 R/T with about 70k miles at the time suffer $19k in hail damage and wasn't totaled this was 2014.

Reactions: Sellrz

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm not an expert, but the trunk appears undamaged as do the quarters and tail lights. So, yeah, pull the trunk floor out, new rebar and bumper. Done and done.

Good luck. And FYI, if I'd been rearended the day after I bought any of my cars I'd be seriously Pea Owed. Just sayin'

·
Registered
2011 Pursuit 5.7L
80 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I'm not an expert, but the trunk appears undamaged as do the quarters and tail lights. So, yeah, pull the trunk floor out, new rebar and bumper. Done and done.

Good luck. And FYI, if I'd been rearended the day after I bought any of my cars I'd be seriously Pea Owed. Just sayin'
Trunk is trashed, look at the gap above the tail lights, bent. Also the driverside fender is slightly damaged as the tail light does not line up and there is a kink in it just behind wheel.
Its a toss up on being totaled, could go one way or other

·
Registered
2013 Charger RT Road and Track
371 Posts
The biggest thing you have to worry about is if the subframe has been moved. Then you might be looking at a total loss on the car. The damage shown really looks like it might have gotten into the subframe area.. Wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Trunk is trashed, look at the gap above the tail lights, bent. Also the driverside fender is slightly damaged as the tail light does not line up and there is a kink in it just behind wheel.
Its a toss up on being totaled, could go one way or other
Once the floor has been pulled back out where it is supposed to be that trunk will set back down too. It looks askew because where it latches is askew. Nothing on the trunk looks bent, dented or damaged to me. The tail llights will line up too, once the trunk is sitting back down where it is supposed to be. Look at where the impact happened, right below the lower edge of the trunk. The hit landed exactly where the trunk hooks on to the floorpan. On the last photo, look at the gap between the back door and the quarter panel. Perfect. A good body shop with a frame machine should be able to pull the trunk floor back out and if not, cutting it out and welding in a new floor should be doable. As someone else mentioned above, it will be a balance of repair cost vs value of the car.

As stated previously, I'm not an expert and the body shop will more likely be a better judge of repairabililty.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Once the floor has been pulled back out where it is supposed to be that trunk will set back down too. It looks askew because where it latches is askew. Nothing on the trunk looks bent, dented or damaged to me. The tail llights will line up too, once the trunk is sitting back down where it is supposed to be. Look at where the impact happened, right below the lower edge of the trunk. The hit landed exactly where the trunk hooks on to the floorpan. On the last photo, look at the gap between the back door and the quarter panel. Perfect. A good body shop with a frame machine should be able to pull the trunk floor back out and if not, cutting it out and welding in a new floor should be doable. As someone else mentioned above, it will be a balance of repair cost vs value of the car.

As stated previously, I'm not an expert and the body shop will more likely be a better judge of repairabililty.
I dissagree, the trunk is damaged, do you not see the gap above the tail lights thats wider on the left than the right? The trunk will need to be pulled out at the bottom if not replaced. Tail lights will not magically fit once the floor pan and bumper are fixed.
Hopefully the buckle in the drivers rear quarter panel will go away once the bumper and trunk pan are pulled out.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Totaled.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
What did the adjuster say?

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts