Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here are the pics.. FINALLY!! This is what happens to your charger when your driving down the interstate at 70 mph and your hood flies up and crashes into your windshield and roof top, all because the manufacturer of the hood didn't properly install the bolt inserts for the facory hinges. Thank god for insurance!!! Still waiting for insurance adjustor to see it too...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm glad your family & friends are ok,that could have been a much different out come....

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
I doubt that's totaled. They will replace the roof window hood maby? I'd guess 7k damage

·
Registered
942 Posts
I agree, I don't think it will be totalled.
Really sucks it happened, but glad everyone is OK.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
It doesn't look like it's totaled, good luck with the repairs :beerchug:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys, here are the pics.. FINALLY!! This is what happens to your charger when your driving down the interstate at 70 mph and your hood flies up and crashes into your windshield and roof top, all because the manufacturer of the hood didn't properly install the bolt inserts for the facory hinges. Thank god for insurance!!! Still waiting for insurance adjustor to see it too...
Ouch man. That must have been terrifying. Good luck on the repairs.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Wow, thats bad.

Good driver, not only maintained control but had a hood blocking view! Great job preventing an even bigger accident!

I sure hope once the adjuster sees it you plan to go after the maker of the hood to pay up for the damages! It was thier fault as you say so why should you or your insurnace have to pay. Nail them to the wall, they could have killed someone with crap like that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
wow that could of really been a different story!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm glad everyone was ok! Poor car...

May be a good opportunity to go for the first convertible charger? :cool2:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Damn thats Gnarly, You must have been shatting your pants when that happened....Geez
That sux man sorry to see that, hope shes up and running asap

·
Registered
629 Posts
they might total the car because an airbad deployed........

·
Registered
563 Posts
Holy crap...sorry about the car but glad you are alright! That hood is built like a brick s#$!house!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts