Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't managed to get this out to get estimated yet. However I would like to know how much it would cost to repair? Needs a new hood, some doors, windshield and frame damage.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wow! Looks like a total loss to me. It won’t ever be the same again even if you got it fixed. Is that your car or one you found?

2019 Charger R/T Scat Pack Plus

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's a parts only car now. If the driveline is good, that sould bring some $$$. Along with the interior. Couple of good wheels. I'd just let insurance pay it out, unless you don't have full coverage and it's your fault.

What happened?

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
1,122 Posts
A BIG factor is air bag deployment, and glass damage, which it has both. I agree it will exceed 75% retail value to repair, so in WI it it totaled then.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Was this thing in a multi-car collision? Front, rear, sides, that thing took one for the team. Glad you're alive.

Greg

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
My sorry doesn't repair the damage but you have it anyway.

Reactions: POWERMAN

·
Registered
2021 Charger Scat Pack
31 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I agree that it is totaled. It is worse than my '96 Z28 was.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It looks like someone took it off road.
I agree with everyone else. It'll need more to fix then you're thinking and looks like a write off.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Without getting the specs from a collision manual or something like TechAdvisor and checking the various dimensions, it's hard to know just how badly the frame's been tweaked. With a unibody, there's only so much that can be done to line it up again.

If we assume the frame damage is repairable, there's still quite a bit more, as has been pointed out upthread. Airbags, glazing, all the little plastic underhood parts, sensors, seat belt retractors, and an awful lot of sheetmetal. This is the kind of car that, if it were otherwise clean and low mileage, a body shop owner might pick up for himself or a family member, stick in a corner of the shop and work on whenever it's slow. But I think for anyone without the skill set and access to a frame machine and discounted parts, it's probably best to part it out.

The good news is that the drivetrain, and to a lesser extent, the interior have quite a bit of value.

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack
193 Posts
The good news is that the drivetrain, and to a lesser extent, the interior have quite a bit of value.
That interior wont be worth squat with the car sitting outside, all the windows down, and the sunroof open. That suede will not stand up to the elements long at all, neither will all of the electronics. That car needs to be closed up, covered very well, or stored inside.

BTW I agree with everyone on here, just the labor cost to fix that car would probably come close to totaling it, it just needs so much work. The parts are sure to push it over the top. Also you need a lot more parts than you think you do. I doubt the insurance would even pay to have it torn down, they'll just cut you a check.

·
Registered
2013 Charger RT Road and Track
221 Posts
I just lost my 2011 rt and mine was no where near as bad as yours my estimate was over 12k not including airbags. Also since your airbags did fully deploy it more then likely has blown all kind of electronic in the car if you tried to fix it you would be chasing electrical gremlins for a long time . Also depending on what state laws you may not be allowed to repair the car. My state says if the car is deemed a total loss only a licensed repair shop can do the work to get it back to a salvage title. G/L

·
Registered
500 Posts
This video should give you an idea what is all involved with repairing one of these things. The car in the video isn't damaged as bad as the OP, and being a HellCat, probably worth more than a Scat.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts