Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install leather in the car. Charcoal with red piping. Anybody know where I can find a Torah red shift knob and matching steering wheel? There Charcoal leather with red stitching, or something close to that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm getting ready to install leather in the car. Charcoal with red piping. Anybody know where I can find a Torah red shift knob and matching steering wheel? There Charcoal leather with red stitching, or something close to that.
My RT r/t has a black/red stitching shift nob, came from the factory that way.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Here is the part number for the shifter and the price at any dealership.
Daytona Shift Knob (Dk Slate/TorRed) - 4578532AA – MSRP $36.10

As for the steering wheel, I believe the colored inserts come from the factory, but there are a lot of aftermarket dash kits that come with the steering wheel inserts. Here is one example.
http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=37266&cat=2861&page=1

·
Registered
10,665 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
631 Posts
You can purchase wax coated thread for this purpose. Cut out the black thread and relace. Relacing is not hard at all. Did my Ram pickup the other day. As you can see our leather wrapped wheels are very nice work. Each section is individually wrapped and punched. When you look at the spoke areas you will see there are no punch holes in the leather. If you don't want to do it yourself I would think an automobile upholsterer would do the work in a day. Just give them the supplies. Let me see what I can google real quick.

Here you go...that google is incredible.

The actual term for the strong thread is sinew, so here you go.

http://www.turtlefeathers.com/text/products/sinew.html

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have one with red stiching for sale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.