Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was needing to know the torque spec for the rotor on my charger.. i had them turned and now i have a tick when i apply the brakes.. i talked to a mechanic and he said they probably werent torqued down properly.. which is true cause i didnt use a torque wrench.. if anyone could help that would be very helpful..
thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I was needing to know the torque spec for the rotor on my charger.. i had them turned and now i have a tick when i apply the brakes.. i talked to a mechanic and he said they probably werent torqued down properly.. which is true cause i didnt use a torque wrench.. if anyone could help that would be very helpful..
thanks,
Gary

There are guide pins for the calipers, caliper adapter bolts and the lug nuts.

Lug nuts are 110 ft-lbs.
Front Caliper Guide Pins 44 ft-lbs
Front Adapter Bolts 70 ft-lbs
Rear Caliper Guide Pins 23 ft-lbs
Rear Adapter Bolts 85 ft-lbs

·
Premium Member
20,935 Posts
Considering he force applied when the lug nuts are tightened - I'd be very surprised if the torque of the rotor screw made any difference whatsoever.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
So...while I am on a Charger forum...can anyone tell me what I can do to fix the gauge glitch when they bottom out while I am driving down the road?

I have checked all fuses and they look OK. I have unhooked the battery and rehooked it...the gauges do not do this all of the time..but, sometimes they just flatline out and I am afraid things will shut down.

Thanks in advance if you have a solution to this...:)

Pixie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts