Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told yesterday that a torque converor was a awesome mod to get done and that it would definately help our heavy sleds break em loose!! Andy from ppp was awesome to talk to and his stage 2 set up id definatley in my very near future and he explained to me that the torque converor swap was one of the best mods you can do to our cars!! Anyway was wondering how many of you guys have changed yours out and what do you thnk and I myself am heading down that road to beef my motor up so that she will drive more like she looks like she should!!Any input back is appreciated, thanks fellows and Hemi Up:nervous s

·
Registered
388 Posts
i don't own a Charger, however, the performance improvement a higher stall converter gives you will be the same.
Except for the nitrous, the 3000 stall gave me the best sotp improvement of all of my mods.
I have 2.73 gears, so I didn't want to go with say a 3600 like some of the f-bodys I have run across, as there was too much slip for my taste.
The 3000 seemed like a good 'middle of the road' choice and I am glad I went with it.
You will see a world of difference on how your car gets out of the hole.
Have fun!

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
A hi-stall converter is definitely a must do mod....good for .2-.5 seconds off in the qtr...really brings the power out on a cammed vehicle..

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just installed a Mopar Performance converter in my AWD R/T. Brake stall went from 2100 to 2600 RPM. Track performance..............I wasn’t impressed. It spins the tires off the line and the computer short shifts. I didn't see any 1/4 mile improvement. My 60's time did drop by .1. I think if I can get it off the line with out upsetting the computer, there will be a good .2 improvement in the 1/4 mile. On the street it does launch harder.

·
Registered
951 Posts
There are good and bad TC out there. Judging a TC by it's stall speed is like judging a digital camera by its megapixels. There is MUCH more to it. That being said, definately the best mod for an auto if you do it right.

I had four different TC's on my LS1 and I got into the 10's NA.

Some good reading here:

http://www.converter.cc/faq/faq_main.htm

·
Registered
789 Posts
What are some issues that may be cause by this mod?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just installed a Mopar Performance converter in my AWD R/T. Brake stall went from 2100 to 2600 RPM. Track performance..............I wasn’t impressed. It spins the tires off the line and the computer short shifts. I didn't see any 1/4 mile improvement. My 60's time did drop by .1. I think if I can get it off the line with out upsetting the computer, there will be a good .2 improvement in the 1/4 mile. On the street it does launch harder.
learn to launch your car my friend.
And if your 60' did drop by a tenth, your 1/4 mile would drop by around two tenth's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts