Charger Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering whats the best torque converter to go for, and will they work with the AWD? Im thinking about getting one considering a high stall torque converter would be the best mod to really get my awd moving. Also would dodge have a problem with this if i brought it back to them after having one installed, can they even tell?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Couple of questions

Alright, give me a quick rundown, besides reading about the actual products someone give me a Barney style breakdown of these component, One- those expensive Torq converters? Why they so much and what EXACTELY do they do for you? And another is those Cold shot kits, cant remember what it is some sort of cryogenic kit you can install to have way colder intake, since those dont actually do anything but change the temp of the air you are putting into your intake do they void a warranty? How do they really help you? Are they worth the money, specially here in AZ?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
torque converters arent really easy to explain. basically they allow you to stall the car up to a higher RPM so you can launch at 2800 or 3000 rpms, thus putting yourself higher up in the power band. basically you hold the brake down, and then you start pushing the gas and the torque converter will allow yo u to just keep pushing the gas down with little or no power actually going to the wheels, then when its up to about 2800 rpms you let off the brakes and launch HARD.

as for the cold intake things, i've heard of them but i dont know of anyone on here uses them. they talked about in a thread a while back i think and people were saying they are kinda pointless unless u have other big mods. however i think it would work pretty well. do a search for CrO vs N2O. i think that was the title of the thread. what they do is make the air colder, thus more dense, meaning more air can fit into each cylinder. the engine will automatically put more gas in there. so you have more air and gas in each cylinder, which makes for a bigger bang: more power

·
Registered
148 Posts
Perfect, thanks for the reply, HHP says their CRY02 system can boost 40 horse..For 350 bucks I must say that would be the BEST mod you can buy right? OH does that cause warranty issues? Its not really altering anything On the car cept the air going in.. THATS my most important question.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Perfect, thanks for the reply, HHP says their CRY02 system can boost 40 horse..For 350 bucks I must say that would be the BEST mod you can buy right? OH does that cause warranty issues? Its not really altering anything On the car cept the air going in.. THATS my most important question.
sounds like a great mod for the money. i wouldnt think it would cause any warranty issues, but some dealers are anal about that kind of stuff. if worse comes to worse you can just take it out whenever u need something fixed. i've heard people say you can get more bang for the buck putting in a NOS kit, but then u have to worry about more things and its harder on the engine.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Best bang for the buck hands down is a nitrous kit. There are tons of threads about it here and well worth your time to read them. Ive run my kit for a year and a half. Been tons of fun up to this poing :)

High stall torque converter in easy to understand terms: Like dropping the clutch on a stick shift at a higher RPM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.