Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do high stall torque converters wake these cars up at all? I am seriously considering an AWD Charger RT (try to slip in the converter without pulling my warranty :lol: )

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well,not going to get the rt for drag racing too much but I still want something to rip the tires loose every once in a while lol.Not really a fan of stock automatics unless it already has sporty gearing...

·
Registered
584 Posts
We do have sporty gearing. Don't let the 2.86:1 fool you, our 5 speed trans has an extra low first gear that makes up for the diff gear. The torque management in the computer is why you don't spin your tires like you should.
Try the Predator programmer Most people are reporting with a standard tune, they can really rip the tires on demand. A new torque converter is pricey and a lot of work and it only helps on launch.

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
A torque converter is actually one of the best bolt-on mods that you can do to a vehicle with an automatic transmission. It can be good for about 3-5 tenths off of your 1/4 mile times at the drags. You might not be tripped the timing lights on the street but it still makes the car much more fun to drive! One person told me that it made his car feel like he was being shot of a cannon on the street.

We picked up the ProTorque line last week so I have one of these going in my own SRT8 tomorrow. I'll post a review after I do a little driving with it.

Tom

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
460 Posts
any word on that review?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts