Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Charger R/T 196000 miles. experiencing a "feels like a shudder" from 30mph to 70mph when at a steady speed. shudder reappears upon decelerating when the 2-1 downshift is trying to occur.

valve body ??
tq (torque converter) control solenoid ?
tq itself ?

the drive shaft has been replaced, as well as most of the suspension components. there are no noises associated with the shudder feeling.
5.7 engine was replaced at 139,000 miles due to valve seat disintegrating.

any suggestions/revelations would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Does it feel like you're driving over a rumble strip when it does this? Try getting a video. I had something that maybe could be described as shudder happen with my car after the dealer ****ed up the transmission. It would do it when feeding a good bit of gas on the highway, like going up a mountain, but still staying in high gear (did happen in other gears too though). I wound up replacing the whole thing with a junkyard unit, so don't know exactly what it was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does it feel like you're driving over a rumble strip when it does this? Try getting a video. I had something that maybe could be described as shudder happen with my car after the dealer ****ed up the transmission. It would do it when feeding a good bit of gas on the highway, like going up a mountain, but still staying in high gear (did happen in other gears too though). I wound up replacing the whole thing with a junkyard unit, so don't know exactly what it was.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, doesn't feel like that, feels more like a brake being heavily applied and released rapidly and when a speed below 12-15 mph is reached it feels like it is released.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try a couple of tubes of shudder fix first. Screenshot_20200211-175221_Chrome.jpg
If it turns out to be converter your best bet is to find a low mileage unit in junk yard or rebuild. With that mileage once trans is out you might as well get it opened up. To change just converter could be a waste of money if it's not the problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tons of rear wheel drives in junk yards, wads not so much. By me they can be had for about $400 with 50 to 60 thousand on them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Sometimes you get lucky. I got an AWD trans and transfer case with 4k miles for $750.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 Charger R/T 196000 miles. experiencing a "feels like a shudder" from 30mph to 70mph when at a steady speed. shudder reappears upon decelerating when the 2-1 downshift is trying to occur.

valve body ??
tq (torque converter) control solenoid ?
tq itself ?

the drive shaft has been replaced, as well as most of the suspension components. there are no noises associated with the shudder feeling.
5.7 engine was replaced at 139,000 miles due to valve seat disintegrating.

any suggestions/revelations would be most appreciated.
My 2007 Daytona Charger RT is at the dealership now for the exact problem. I was told I needed my transmission serviced. When they took it apart the tork converter was disintegrating. I'm getting a new to me, refurbished tranny as soon as it arrives. 202,000 miles on her. Thank god it's covered under the warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
PC:
Congrats on the pending trans replacement. Just curious if that warranty is the lifetime powertrain warranty that Dodge was including with all of their 2007/2008 models? I have heard of a number of folks who got new engines and transmissions from that.

BREAKING: Chrysler announces lifetime powertrain warranty!

Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts