Charger Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am very happy with the sound system in my SXT, I suppose it's the 6 speaker 275wattamped. but here is my dilema, from my previous car I ordered JL component speakers, 6 1/2 inch xr650CSI which I never put in, and I was just gonna sell them but I am curious, would they sound better then the boston acoustic in mine now. I know alot of you say no aftermarket isn't but I dont know. These are great speakers just sitting here. I'm just curious would I loose that good base the car has now or will it stay. What are others opinions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Go buy yourself a connection wiring harness for they speakers (probably $15) and put your system to the test. My bet is that they will sound better. You can get the connectors at any reputable car audio store. That's what I would do, otherwise, I'd always second guess myself. Have fun checking it out, that's how you learn about your vehicle. IMHO.

DallasRT

·
Registered
273 Posts
A couple things to take into consideration.
*They are 6x9 in front door you would have to make a custom plate for them to fit properly.
*Since the Boston Acoustic system is amplified the impedance(ohms) might be different than the J/L's.
*The stock door speakers are probably wired w/the dash as well. so be carefull.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts