Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
sweet pics, looks like you have a couple of fun toys....

now granted, looks like your BMW is not exactly stock... but would be interested in hearing your comments comparing the ride, handling and performance of the two...
Yes I know this would not exactly be comparing apples to apples.... but that is besides the point... :)

Great scenery as well... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no comparison. The BMW is worlds above the Charger. But, the BMW was 40k new, and has about 40k in mods, so it wouldn't be fair at all to compare the two. The BMW has a full Dinan Stage 3 suspension with H&R Race springs, as well as a supercharger, exhaust and throttle body upgrade. It also has a full M-Tech/Hamann body kit and the only Hamann Sport Steering wheel in the US. Plus a ton more....... I haven't gotten on the gas hard in the Charger yet, so I can't compare acceleration, but the BMW dynoed at 275 HP to the rear wheel, so they should be comparable. All the BMW HP is in the top end though, whereas the Charger has it on the bottom end. I find that the Charger does handle like a boat, which is to be expected..... actually, even my 95 BMW 525i handles better than the Charger.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
wow... did not realize you had that much into the BMW... LOL

BMW's have always been my favorite... but the cost of entry and cost of repair and maintenance is cost prohibative to me....

Since 98 I have owned nothing but pickups.... so for me getting into a charger would be like you going from the charger to the BMW....

As far as RWHP... I belive that the parasitic loss on the LX platform seems to be around 15%.... so the RWHP should be around 289.... however the lbs per HP will be greater then the BMW....

... sweet rides............Enjoy both your cars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts