Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had to run this kill by everyone, well, because it surprised me too. So I'm on my way home tonight from work and I'm on a divided highway and I roll up to a red light. I look in my rear view and here comes an orange vette, I figured it was an 05 or newer. The guys rolls up next to me, I have my front windows down, so does he and he looks over, I nod, then ask him,"What year ya got there???", he replies, "2007 Z51, picked it up about a month ago", I yell back, "Wow, that thing must be fast!!", he looks at me, "It sure is and your about to find out a little more!", so I'm like I'm sure am going to try against this chump as I ran these things pre-mod and lost a couple of times, so it was a long light, so I just tapped the ESP and decided to Auto Stick.....light turns green and I got him off the line, I started spinning a little so I let up just a tab and his nose pulled to my passenger door, then I hooked up....and pulled a 1/2 car length on him and when I hit second it was beautiful!!..the beast just ripped a nice snatch and I pulled another 1/2 car and held it all the way to 6400 then third and had to shut it down, took him by a car and a half.....I then moved over to the right lane for my exit and the vette pulled next to me and the dude said, "That things fast!!!!" and gave me the thumbs up.....I was like wow this is real......I drove the rest of my 40 miles and jammed to the Stones!!!!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
NICE WORK !!!!!!! :grin:

Well, I had to run this kill by everyone, well, because it surprised me too. So I'm on my way home tonight from work and I'm on a divided highway and I roll up to a red light. I look in my rear view and here comes an orange vette, I figured it was an 05 or newer. The guys rolls up next to me, I have my front windows down, so does he and he looks over, I nod, then ask him,"What year ya got there???", he replies, "2007 Z51, picked it up about a month ago", I yell back, "Wow, that thing must be fast!!", he looks at me, "It sure is and your about to find out a little more!", so I'm like I'm sure am going to try against this chump as I ran these things pre-mod and lost a couple of times, so it was a long light, so I just tapped the ESP and decided to Auto Stick.....light turns green and I got him off the line, I started spinning a little so I let up just a tab and his nose pulled to my passenger door, then I hooked up....and pulled a 1/2 car length on him and when I hit second it was beautiful!!..the beast just ripped a nice snatch and I pulled another 1/2 car and held it all the way to 6400 then third and had to shut it down, took him by a car and a half.....I then moved over to the right lane for my exit and the vette pulled next to me and the dude said, "That things fast!!!!" and gave me the thumbs up.....I was like wow this is real......I drove the rest of my 40 miles and jammed to the Stones!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Too many cops around here to do that. And traffic was so bad tonight on my way home, I barely got over 45.:sick:

But, these SRTs really are fast, especially for their weight. They WILL hang with some very expensive sports cars.
:smoke:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nice job

It's good to see our Chargers earning some respect.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Nnnniiiiccceeee.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's good to see our Chargers earning some respect.
Nice run,
I feel the same way I think alot of people that think 2 door only for sports cars have been getting eye openers in the last yr or so with Chargers especially as the SRT8 Army grows...................Includes 300/Jeeps

·
Registered
798 Posts
:cry:
Steve,

Nice run... Beautiful Kill!!!

Please tell me that you have your flame suit on. They're coming...

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
naw, he wont get flamed by anyone who knows what theyre talking about. he raced a dude in a manual vette. if the driver is weak it could have happened very easily.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:cry:

Steve,

Nice run... Beautiful Kill!!!

Please tell me that you have your flame suit on. They're coming...
Tony - I'm not sure what kind a driver the guy was but it sure was fun, I now have the courage to approach some dude I work with who just recently bought an 07. It goes like this what happened today happened.....maybe next time there will be a differant outcome, so be it. I had fun and the vette driver was cool about it, I really don't know what else to say.....I know those things are fast and respect the fact!

·
Registered
851 Posts
The Vette's shifter sucks and this guy only had it for a month...now that said...a kill is a kill....driver sucks...oh well. :grin:
Gratz!

·
Banned
3,769 Posts
Alot of people still don't realize how fast these cars are. A friend of mine kept telling me how much he likes my CSRT-8 so I took him for a ride night. Looks like a luxury car... So I drove normal for awhile, merged onto the highway that is good for "speed runs". I was doing about 30 so the trans would downshift to first when the hammer dropped. No traffic.... good... pedal to the floor, trans goes to first, buddy's head goes back into the seat, crack second then into third, speedo blows past 100, 110, 120. At that point he says "holy sh*t, this thing is fast!". I point out the speedo passing 130 then back off. I don't like driving to fast with a passenger. I guess you can say that he was loving life.

I've played with a few Vettes on the highway. I was either able to hang or slightly pull away. The most recently round of mods will widen that gap. Need that because a Vette is much more aerodynamic so it cuts through the air at high speed.

TBYRNE MOTORSPORTS LLC
ORDER LINE - 1-877-4-TBYRNE (1-877-482-9763)
E-MAIL - [email protected]

CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR OUR EVERYDAY LOW PRICE POLICY!

·
Registered
731 Posts
A kill is a kill. The Vette driver didn't seem to think he was too much of a Rookie to be messing with you.........Until reality set in for him.:knockout:

I took one of my friends for a ride in my Bee. I am 41, he is 65 and totally all about the old muscle cars. We went to the Iowa Raceway last weekend for a cruise in and drag races. Had plenty of time on the interstate and on/off ramps to show him what the new SRT8 6.1 Hemi has to offer. He was blown away!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts