Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the ole Tbyrne AFE/Pred package. Of course the AFE will ship out this week and the predator is on backorder. I am going to grab a 180 T-Stat this weekend and suitcase removal next week. Two questions...

1. Are there any other mods under $100 I can put on with this run of add-ons?

2. What would you do? Wait tell the Pred comes in, run to the muf shop for suitcase delete, add T-Stat, add Intake, then tune all in one day?

or

Put the mods on as I get them?

I'm leaning towards adding all the mods at once. It will be a very fun day... Maybe I'll take the day off!

·
Registered
928 Posts
im all for running to the muff shop asap! =D

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
if you are gunna install the intake and pred yourself, i'd install them as they come in, and go to the muffler shop whenever you want. if you're having the intake/pred installed, then do it all at once

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
do them as they come. theres not going to be any special tuning required for something like a cam etc that warrants waiting to do the install til you get a pred.

the pred will just be the icing on the cake after you do the other 3 :) in fact. id want to have the other 3 in before the predator so your car has learned em and the predator can take advantage of em. the first 3 dont need to be done in any order

do the thermostat/afe install yourself. if your even only mildly capable with a screwdriver and have some sockets, they will be a breeeeze. just brush up with the tstat install video. having patience on these two, and waiting until your engine bay is cold will make the install twice as easy and twice as fast. and a lot less painful hehe.

predator is self explanatory.

brylcreem is less than 100 bucks and 30 mins at a exhaust shop

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm def doing all these installs on my own. I think I'll do them as they come. I just thought it would be fun to do them all in one day then jump in the car and see the jump in performance...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I can't stand waiting. I would go nuts if I had an intake just sitting around and didn't install it. I would just do'em as they come in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You can also add a NoESP chip for $50. As I understand it the ESP delete on the Predator disables the ABS system also. Since I want to keep ABS and be able to quickly turn on/off ESP I'm getting the NoESP chip and a Predator tuner.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can also add a NoESP chip for $50. As I understand it the ESP delete on the Predator disables the ABS system also. Since I want to keep ABS and be able to quickly turn on/off ESP I'm getting the NoESP chip and a Predator tuner.
No, I'm going to do that "garage mod" that puts the switch in your center console. Awesome mod!

I'll go look for the link.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25225

·
Registered
616 Posts
No, I'm going to do that "garage mod" that puts the switch in your center console. Awesome mod!

I'll go look for the link.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25225
Go to the muff shop and get that suitcase chopped off and as your other mods come in throw em on..

Yea that is the cheaper route (by far) than getting the NoESP board. I prefer the NoESP board b/c it still lets eveything looks stock.. and you dont have to reach into the center console to flip the switch. (if that is where you choose to put it)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright. I'm going to the muffler shop in about an hour to hack the suitcase out. I'm sitting here at work and have about 20 hours of work to get done by Monday and I'll be out all weekend so I should prolly sit here and get it all done.

F that.

I'm sick of that quiet car. I need some noise! I'll post my thoughts in this thread later today.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well that worked out very good... $80 and 45 min later it was done. I gotta say I still need more noise. They're not nearly as loud as I thought they'd be. STill sounds much better though. I think I'll have to wait for my LTs and see how they sound. Then it will prolly be the LM1 or 2 to round off the exhaust.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pulled the suitcase a week ago.
Put on the AFE yesterday.
Added the Predator today.

Finally, this car feels like something.

I am so happy I did these simple cheap mods. The thing sounds great with the muffler delete and cold-air intake. I love the sound.

I installed the CAI + 93 Octane and wow did it wake up! Much more responsive. It simply acts like it's pissed off at the world. If anyone has the money to do it... do it. It's worth it.

Okay. Now I want some LTs! Have a great weekend all.

Adam

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also the Predator no ESP disable kills your cruise control.
Does the NoESP chip really remove all the traction controll as the Predator does without removing the antilock bracks which I think is a good thing?
Randy

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
25 cent esp delete for the win. i think ima have to go do that.

you need abs when your abusing the predator :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Also the Predator no ESP disable kills your cruise control.
Does the NoESP chip really remove all the traction controll as the Predator does without removing the antilock bracks which I think is a good thing?
Randy
Do yourselves a favor... if you're going to drive with ESP killed, at least keep the ABS. Do the RTJunkie mod if you don't want to spend the $50 on NoESP. One fishtail-gone-bad-smack-into-the-curb-'cuz-you-panicked-and-ABS-was-off and you'd be kicking yourself that you didn't keep ABS active!

Just my $.02... and I'll be getting a predator, too real soon. Just won't be turning my ESP off with it!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with keeping the antilocks working,espicially for wet roads.For this reason and the cruise control not working makes the Predator ESP cancel only good while at the track.
Can anyone tell me if the NoESP mod is any different than doing the "turn the key to start while driving" mod.
Randy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts