Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what hood do you have and how much did you pay for prep/paint/installation??

i am considering getting a new hood but i'm also working on a pretty tight budget, so i need to know what prices are reasonable before i start calling body shops. :lol:

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
No one has answered yet????

I paid about $1200 for everything, SRT hood (aftermarket fibergalss), shipping, painting and installation.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I paid $1350 for a painted and shipped ramairhood.com. I love it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Trufiber is coming in on Monday. I'll let you know paint cost once I get it done. Hood was $612 shipped.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Is yours the OEM, 2" or 3" version of the ramair hood? It looks pretty tall and was wondering how the 3" looks painted and on the car.
Ramairhood.com makes only one EXTERIOR style. They have a Style I or II, but that refers to the air intake under the hood. The exterior is the same. It's not OEM. OEM is the SRT style hood that rises and then falls to blend in with the hood again toward the windshield. This hood rises and extends that way all the way to the windshield. Here's a better pic:

·
Suspended User
2,400 Posts
Ramairhood.com makes only one EXTERIOR style. They have a Style I or II, but that refers to the air intake under the hood. The exterior is the same. It's not OEM. OEM is the SRT style hood that rises and then falls to blend in with the hood again toward the windshield. This hood rises and extends that way all the way to the windshield. Here's a better pic:
dude that looks mean!
:cry: so beautiful! haha

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thanks, bro. Now, if it was as only as fast as it looks when it's parked :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
i just recieved my trufiber hood yesterday, paid $600 for it with free shipping , talked to the dealer he qouted me around $400 for paint but said he may could do it cheaper

·
Registered
84 Posts
i just recieved my trufiber hood yesterday, paid $600 for it with free shipping , talked to the dealer he qouted me around $400 for paint but said he may could do it cheaper
$400 for paint is also about what I paid to have mine painted at a local Chrysler Jeep dealer. I paid $469.00 for my TruFiber hood from a local independent distributer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am wondering if any of you that have put on a aftermarket fiberglass hood used any kind of heat shielding under the hood and if so what did you use?

Pics of this would also be nice!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am wondering if any of you that have put on a aftermarket fiberglass hood used any kind of heat shielding under the hood and if so what did you use?

Pics of this would also be nice!
i found a post on here for those parts under charger dad from mopar super center it list part #s also . i plan to get them myself and was wondering how is everything working for him

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i just ordered the trufiber OEM srt hood from 402 Motoring yesterday, too bad it won't be here until the middle of october. :dead:

body shop did quote me $300 for install and paint though! :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
i found a post on here for those parts under charger dad from mopar super center it list part #s also . i plan to get them myself and was wondering how is everything working for him
If you know the post or run accoss it again can you supply the link here as I have not been able to find it while searching for post for member ChargerDad.

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you know the post or run accoss it again can you supply the link here as I have not been able to find it while searching for post for member ChargerDad.

Thanks!
dont know how to do the link thing but here is the parts with #s
scoop bezel (oem insert)= #5030262-aa $41.20 list $27.26 through mopar super center
silencer pad= #4854631 ab $82.45 list $55.14 " "
pad retainers= 4878883 aa $3.75 list $2.70 " " youll need 12

i think the last one below is personal pref
hood scoop air splitter= 5030282ac
rivets= 6506293aa youll need 9

moparsupercenter # is 1 800 456 5337 i dont know if the prices are the same because post was done in feb

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes the decal is the super bee from ridergraphix.

·
Registered
84 Posts
dont know how to do the link thing but here is the parts with #s
scoop bezel (oem insert)= #5030262-aa $41.20 list $27.26 through mopar super center
silencer pad= #4854631 ab $82.45 list $55.14 " "
pad retainers= 4878883 aa $3.75 list $2.70 " " youll need 12

i think the last one below is personal pref
hood scoop air splitter= 5030282ac
rivets= 6506293aa youll need 9

moparsupercenter # is 1 800 456 5337 i dont know if the prices are the same because post was done in feb
Thank you for the list!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts