Charger Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To fix what could be a great car. Too bad my list of problems is making me REALLY not like Dodge. Hopefully this time they fix it my charger will ACTUALLY get fixed instead of them just telling me it works. Is it bad when you have more problems than the dealer can put on one ticket for the mechanics? Other than my list of issues with the car, I really do love it. Rides great, I love the power, I'm 6'4" and 250 and its got plenty of room even for me. Kinda hopin for a lemon, just to get a new one lol.......

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The weather stripping on the driver's side of the windshield isn't attached to the glass so you can see the edge of the windshield, the audio port for the ipod doesn't play right (this will be the second time they've "fixed" it), there's a moldy smell in the a/c (which is probably driving my allergies insane), the passenger front window is obscenely slow (#2 for this one as well) and there is a guard under the front end that is supposed to have 3 bolts holding it on 2 of them are missing and the one that is there isn't really attached to anything, so the bolts on the other side are holding it up. I could get real anal with a couple other things that I think are screwy, but those are the big ones for now. The dealership here won't give me a loaner either, so this is becoming a big inconvenience.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought about it, but it's hard to get out of my job to take a car to a dealership 15 minutes away, much less an hour drive each way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
those fender and belly guards are held up by rather flimsy and inadequate plastic rivets... i too had some fall off/bend. but the dealer just kept replacing them every oil change i took it in for.

i think they stopped when they noticed i suddenly had ceramic coated headers and borla exhaust...

i guess i couldnt blame it on 'normal driving' anymore..

the other things you listed would indeed annoy me as well. sorry to hear about it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I had those headers and exhaust I certainly wouldn't complain about those POS plastic rivets lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
no loaner car? screw them. go to another one. I know it is out of the way but do you really want to reward bad service?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
no loaner car? screw them. go to another one. I know it is out of the way but do you really want to reward bad service?
Chrysler isn't responsible for providing a free loaner car.
It's in their warranty fine print. GM and Ford provide this service.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
30 grand for a car and you would think they would have the decency to either make a good product or give some beater POS to drive around while they fix it and get it right. I talked to a different guy at the service shop today when I dropped my car off and he told me that Chrysler doesn't give out rentals. I could guarantee that a dealership that is bigger than the one in the "Great" Jacksonville North Carolina area lol.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Depends on the dealer. Mine will give a loaner anytime I need warranty work. I brought it in for a remote start install and had them replace a plastic rivet in the trunk and clean some type of tape residue off the wheels. Just those 2 little things warranted a loaner and they gave me a Magnum to take to work. Sorry about your troubles but I would do anything you can to find a different dealer. Even if it's alot farther away this dealer isn't likely to get any better over the long haul.
-J

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's amazing how polite this dealer was to me after I called Dodge itself and told them how useless these people were. It's almost like my car is going to get fixed!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm right there with you.....

I took mine in to a dealer close to my house, with around 5,200 miles on it. Problems included:
Auto climate control only blows heat
Front brakes squealing for a month and a half
Check engine light cycling on and off every few days
Slow shift in trans from reverse to drive.

The first dealer I went to because it was close. The service advisor there was a complete ass, and made excuses for everything. Treated customers like they were stupid. Needless to say, none of the problems got fixed. This **** tried to convince me that the climate control blowing heat all the time was normal. Days later the engine light was back on, and the brakes were still squealing. They "couldn't find any problem"

So right now my car is at the dealership I purchased it from. Should have gone there from the start. These guys seem a bit more concerned, and actually listen to me. Turns out the auto-climate control unit was bad, so they ordered a replacement. It was raining bad here, so they needed to wait to check the brake problem....no squeal when wet. Waiting for status on the other issues. But at least I feel like something is getting done.

I got rental loaners each time.

I have a nice nasty letter in store for Dodge, and the first dealership I went to. There is know way I should be going through this on a car with 5k miles, that I just spent 35k grand on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts