Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a car last week for work and it turned out to be a 2.7l Charger. I fell in love with the car. Not the power but the car. Well, we have decided to buy a Charger and I can not imagine buying anything but the SRT8.

Now the question, I have access to a Black or a Super Bee. Which should it be?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I rented a car last week for work and it turned out to be a 2.7l Charger. I fell in love with the car. Not the power but the car. Well, we have decided to buy a Charger and I can not imagine buying anything but the SRT8.

Now the question, I have access to a Black or a Super Bee. Which should it be?
up to you! If it were me I would take the black one!!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
imho, the yellow fad would wear off quickly. its cool at first but in the end its a really loud color. if that is in your personality, get the detonator yellow, if not, black is always beautiful. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife thinks the yellow will fade away also. The limited number peaked my interest. That is about the only reason I am considering it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
You have to buy the car you want. If it is going to be driven as a daily driver, go with the regular SRT8.

In my opinion the Superbee is more of a collector car or joy ride car. You buy it to buy the history of Mopar/Superbee. As for the color yellow- It may die off on your average daily driver cars. But on special cars, that's part of what makes them special. Keep in mind there were only 1,000 made. ;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I might be biased but the yellow never wears off. Let me say that again. NEVER. Its a very loud go get um color that draws attention. Its not unisual to have a crowd gather at the gas station or at the park. There are very few on the road so i like that most people say they have never seen one before. The limited edition hopefully retains its value better and i like the decals and yellow stitching.

In my view there was no contest. If you know a delaer that has both , put them next to each other and see which one you fall in love with. I was ordering a black SRT when i got introduced to my baby and i fell for her.

That being said, the same loud colors that make her stand out to people also make her stand out to the cops.

Its worth the trade off. Only 1000 of them in the world, extreme beauty, and by far the fastest color. Detonator yellow!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like Black. Got a purple SRT8 .Yellow is awight.I would go against the grain and wait for the new Bee in blue....I kinda dig it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Get the BEE!!! (& then I'll trade you hoods and wheels)...
Yellow is the faster color....!!!

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
If I could justify the SRT, definitely the Super Bee

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I was looking at the same two options. It's obvious which I chose. I had 3 black vehicles (still have 2) and I really wanted something different. I highly doubt the Yellow will ever get old to me. I love it. I went back and forth between the Bee and black for months but in the end the yellow just drew me in. Maybe it's because the extroverted nature of this car is opposite my personality.
IMO you can't go wrong either way.
-J

·
Registered
798 Posts
Honestly, I say get which ever one you like best.

I chose black because it's BAD and SINISTER.

In movies, comics, tv, books, etc. the main BAD character was dressed in black... Oh the yellow one... a sidekick. :wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I had the choice between black and yellow as well. I like to keep my cars highly polished and clean. When you are on your way home tonight, count the number of black cars, and see if any of them look clean. I bet you will see a ton of black vehicles, and almost all of them will look like crap. Black for a daily driver is just too hard to keep clean.

Personally I wanted something different and I would be kicking myself if I hadnt gotten the Bee. If you dont like attention, get black.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My take is if you are even considering the black one, you should get it. If the Super Bee doesn't blow you away compared to a black SRT-8, then why spend an additional $1,900 for the Super Bee package?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Roll forward 20-30 years and watch Barrett Jackson while the Bee rolls across. You'll wish you spent the extra $1,900 and got yellow :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I owned a 96 Cobra in yellow and for me it never got old. Since then I have owned at least 20 new cars and all have been Black as I love Black cars but when I saw the Bee I knew I had to have one and I ordered one. It will be here next week. I just picked up my 2008 Escalade today for the wife and yes it is Black which replaced her 2006 Range Rover supercharged again Black. My Bee will be replacing my 2005 Corvette Convertible, Black and my 2007 F-150 Harley truck and again Black.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You have to buy the car you want. If it is going to be driven as a daily driver, go with the regular SRT8.

In my opinion the Superbee is more of a collector car or joy ride car. You buy it to buy the history of Mopar/Superbee. As for the color yellow- It may die off on your average daily driver cars. But on special cars, that's part of what makes them special. Keep in mind there were only 1,000 made. ;)
This is a good answer, the Bee is only a collector (I own one for this reason)....think about it..!!!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
This is a good answer, the Bee is only a collector (I own one for this reason)....think about it..!!!!
I disagree. Mine's a daily driver. This idea was the only hesitation I had about buying a Bee. Then I decided that it was my money I was spending and I might as well enjoy it. Even if it does become a collectors car that's only useful if you plan to unload it someday. I don't so why should I store it for years and years only to have someone else enjoy it someday?
-J

1 - 20 of 37 Posts