Charger Forums banner

Should I paint my spoiler to match the car?

• Yes, it looks out of place unless it matches the car.

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • No, it looks great as-is.

Votes: 11 21.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my spoiler and honeycomb grille installed today, and the dealership did a good job with it. However, I'm starting to have second thoughts about whether to paint the spoiler or not. My thinking was that since my car is silver steel, the unpainted black finish would look good. I think it looks decent, but I don't know if the fact that it's a different color makes it stand out too much, and takes away from the rest of the car.

So, what's everyone think?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
IMVHO, paint it!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Tonycpsu,

I voted you should paint it... unless... you're going to have more black accents on the vehicle... like rims;window tint... Then it would look bad a$$

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would paint it unless you put the flat black hood (hemi decal) and the rear
quarter panel stripe that say's Charger. ( like the one that say's daytona but i saw on one of these posts a really nice looking vanilla charger rt with great looking gold stripes that say charger. Find it, it's really nice.

Either way should look great.

·
Registered
384 Posts
once / if you tint it it will look awesome, if you had the R/TPP wheels it would double the sweetness.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
even though I am going to leave mine black on my daytona... on your car... I would vote paint it... but it is your car... so my opinion means nothing... do what you think looks best to you... :D

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
DAYTONA_R/T said:
even though I am going to leave mine black on my daytona... on your car... I would vote paint it... but it is your car... so my opinion means nothing... do what you think looks best to you... :D
Daytona's right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pssst, my opinion counts. hehe :wink: :happy:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
That would look SICK with the Daytona graphics on it!!!!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
John229 said:
I think AzChargers got a little "I'm picking up my Daytona tomorrow" fever going on tonight.
I agree.... I think we should
until he is through being an
about it :D

sorry
back to paint it or not :whistle:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for tthe comments, everybody. A few responses:

1. I did plan on tinting, but tint laws in PA are insane, and you really can't tint anything beyond the little bit of tint that comes from the factory. A lot of cops aren't even bothering with warnings anymore, just ticket you and give you 3 days to remove it or they ticket you again.

2. Some of you have said it'd look nice with some other black accents, and I agree, but it's hard to find something that works. The Daytona graphics might be cool, but it's not a Daytona, and I don't want to pretend it is. It's not just the Daytona name I'm worried about, I just don't want to "bite" on the Daytona's styling, which is unique. I could look into some other stripes / accents, but I can't think of anything that would work off the top of my head without looking cheesy or imitating the Daytona too much.

3. I realize it's my car and my decision, but I respect the opinions here. Like I said, I do like the look, and really did want something that stood out a little bit, but I think it stands out too much, if that makes sense. I think if I could find another way to integrate a *little* more black, without the whole Daytona decal package, I'd be cool with it as-is.

Obviously, I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't leaning towards getting it painted, and I probably will be doing that unless I can think of a good way to add more black without making it look cheap.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
black dubs?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also vote for painting it. I have the same color and plan on getting the color matched spoiler...though it might take a little while since the wife is still a little miffed about me getting a new car. We'll see B-day time for me is coming up.... :whistle:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts