-Cai wich model? the best
-Corsa Exaust kit
-t-thermostat 180 jet

Let me know

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your list is a good start. I felt a huge difference with almost the same set up. I would add a Jet 180 degree thermostat. Helps keep the engine cooler plus less down time inbetween run on the drag strip if that is your thing.

·
Vendor
10,370 Posts
i Just order a brand new Charger SRT8 i will have in 2 month

I have 3000$ to invest on the car for engine modification

What is your best modif to do on this car

i have in the past dodge srt4 neon and i have 382whp on that:rocker:

-Predator Tune
-Cai wich model? the best
-Corsa Exaust kit
-QuantumBlue Custom Blended Engine oil
-ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Catalyst
-QuantumBlue HP Gold Coolant

Let me know

Thanks
Start the basics out right!!
Thanks
Brian
440-821-9040 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
For the CAI.......you will get many, many, many recommendations...just do a search, and you will see what I am talking about....

So...I will take this opportunity to recommend.......

I have the Mopar CAI.....why? It looks nice with the Mopar logo, it's OEM so it fits oh so perfectly...

The CAI power results do not differ much (if at all) from manufacturer to manufacturer (from what I gathered here the last few years, also don't take to heart what companies tell you)....... it's a personal choice on what you can pay, how you want it to look...and how you want it to sound....and believe me..the Mopar CAI sounds really nice.

Best of luck..............oh yeah, add Zoomers to your list!

- Mark

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hello,

Your choice would be ported in a

-Diablo tunes
-180 stats
- CAI (your choice, they all the same)
- Corsa is good.

I have a KN, Diablo CAI 91, 180 stat and soon a corsa exhaust. I thinks it's a good tunes. I Just polished my trottle body and I polished my Collector of admittance ( ported intake). GREAT :rocker:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the CAI.......you will get many, many, many recommendations...just do a search, and you will see what I am talking about....

So...I will take this opportunity to recommend.......

I have the Mopar CAI.....why? It looks nice with the Mopar logo, it's OEM so it fits oh so perfectly...

The CAI power results do not differ much (if at all) from manufacturer to manufacturer (from what I gathered here the last few years, also don't take to heart what companies tell you)....... it's a personal choice on what you can pay, how you want it to look...and how you want it to sound....and believe me..the Mopar CAI sounds really nice.

Best of luck..............oh yeah, add Zoomers to your list!

- Mark

Add Zoomers what is that?

And Cat high flow what brand is the better? and do you feel the différence on srt8 6.1L downpipe with high flow cat versus stock one ??

After my list on the top, if i need more power what i can put on the car but not supercharged lol for minus budget...

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Actually the LX forums tested most of the popular CAI kits on an otherwise bone stock SRT8. They were not all the same. From what I recall the AFE II and Air Hammer were the top two. I went with AFE since it will be CARB certified, the Air Hammer won't.

Some CAI offered minimal gains. From memory the K&N gave zero gains, and the MOPAR was maybe 1hp. Many agree that while the MOPAR has bad performance it sounds good.

Search the LX forums and you can find these results and review them for yourself. The testing was all done at SVS on the same day and on the same dyno.

Personally I would do what I did and get the Predator, Jet T-stat, AFE II combo deal that many site vendors offer. Some even package the exhaust too.

But it looks like your list is pretty solid at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
i got the JLT cold air intake its your own personal preference intakes dont make huge difference just in temps and sounds unless your blown imo but you will see everyones opinion is pretty much different lol as like 4 different intakes already have been recommended but yer your list is great for starters!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts