Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I haven't waited as long as some for this but It doesn't seem like it will ever be release. I want it for obviuos reasons, but can't seem waiting months for it.

It seems that option is my only road block to getting the car (as with others)... I just wish i could get a straight answer on when they would release that option.

Just frustrating.

edward

·
Registered
630 Posts
AFcharger said:
I know I haven't waited as long as some for this but It doesn't seem like it will ever be release. I want it for obviuos reasons, but can't seem waiting months for it.

It seems that option is my only road block to getting the car (as with others)... I just wish i could get a straight answer on when they would release that option.

Just frustrating.
We understand the frustration Edward. I am just as frustrated. The real problem is not being able to get a clear answer from anyone (dealer, factory, or DCX) about this protection package and if and when it will be released. Even a definitive estimated release is better than having multiple rumors.

Any one of you DodgeInfoCenter guys, you reading this?? Where is your information on this. Why aren't any of you clearing this up for us.

·
Registered
630 Posts
AFCharger, knowing what I know now, I should have just kept the option on my order. But as it is, I am not going to change it back until I get a definite answer on this. If I were you, I'd just wait for a week or two and see what happens before jumping the gun like I did.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CO-Charger-

Considering the plant will be down for 2 weeks, you right it will not hurt to wait. Cause it could come off hold during that time... just kinda sucks cause that would mean a september build.

I just don't understand (given the similarities) how the Magnum and 300c can have that option but not the Charger.

edward

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
CO-Charger said:
Any one of you DodgeInfoCenter guys, you reading this?? Where is your information on this. Why aren't any of you clearing this up for us.
Well you know how none of the different departments at dodge share any info... well the dodge info center people can tell you what is included on the option groups... but nothing more.... so for those of us who have already ordered... they cannot help us.... I e-mailed them, and here is the response I got....

Thank you for your interest in the All New 2006 Dodge Charger.

In regards to your question, the protection group, which is an available option on the 2006 Dodge Charger includes the following:

Air Filtering
P225/60R 18 99T AST Self-Sealing Tires,
Front and Rear Side Window Curtain Air Bags
Supplemental Side Air Bags

Your local DCX dealership is the best source for detail and ordering information. I do not have access to the ordering system, in which DCX dealerships utilize in placing orders for consumers, therefore regret to inform you of the exact/specific availability of this option. My best suggestion is to speak to a New Car Sales Consultant at the DCX dealership, in hopes that they can provide you the most up to date ordering information. Please note that dates can vary time to time.

Also, you may contact DamilerChrysler Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-992-1997 and see if they can provide additional information pertaining to the availability on the Protection Group.

Thank you once again and if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us back.

Signed,

Aliyah Z

Marketing Representative- Dodge Information Center

www.dodge.com

1-800-4ADODGE

[email protected]

So we have about 4 or 5 "Dodge Info Center" reps on here, and none of them can really provide us with the INFO we need.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dropping Protection Group may mean Dropping Dead one day.

You do not want to drop the Protection Group. Most of your "all new" vehicles on the market are now coming standard with Side Air Bags and Head front & rear side window curtain Air Bags.

Even the new 2006 Hyundai Accent, an $11,000 car, has Side Air Bags and Side Curtain Air Bags as standard equipment.

2006 Hyundai Accent Safety Side Protection Air Bags & Curtains

Consumers will look at those vehicles without Side Protection as unsafe vehicles in the next few years. Much like buying a vehicle in the late 90's without any airbags at all or the old freon a/c system. People backed away from them ( OK, there was and still is that small % of people who believe that they are safer without airbags.)

Unfortunately Chrysler did not make this standard equipment, which is strange because they were the leader in introducing Front Airbags in the late 1980's and early 1990's. I guess they had to lower that base price by $600.

I might be off on the percentages, but something like 85% of your collisions are side impact related. I would be like riding a motorcycle with out a helmet. You and your loved ones in your car are worth the extra $$'s you spend and wait on the item.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts